Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don�t think Wayne cares about this album he knows it�s going to sell more than 100k anyway he just made this album to prove that he can make album that sound like today�s generation but better. There wasn�t any big mainstream features on here compare C5 his next album will be different & appeal to new audiences

Comment

• Originally posted by martian master View Post
      Anyway i realize im on a wayne forum so obviously the opinions here will moreso be pro wayne
      i hope you all enjoy the album - just voicing how it looks
      are you still a wayne fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizzle View Post
        Anyone else realizes that Nicki about to outsell Wayne? Queen did 185k first week damn Wayne
        an album that was promoted for nearly a year with music videos and singles all over the chartes vs an album that was officially announced a week before its release

a lot of people still don't even know what funeral is

- - - Updated - - -

keep in mind that wayne could have easily done better if he wanted to

but you guys care about sales more than he does

Comment

• Originally posted by joeycmj View Post
          Damn. I had no idea it leaked 2 months in advance and they didn�t even replace songs.
          What�s even crazier than that, is OG C3 leaked and got a million illegal downloads, then they re recorded it, leaked a week before release, got another million downloads & then sold a million copies first week with its official release. That right there is why wayne is the goat
          Wait wait official C3 leaked a week before its release??

Comment

• Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
            Yep. Album is legendary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr.Carter 23 View Post
              I don�t think Wayne cares about this album he knows it�s going to sell more than 100k anyway he just made this album to prove that he can make album that sound like today�s generation but better. There wasn�t any big mainstream features on here compare C5 his next album will be different & appeal to new audiences
              He cares he just acts like he couldn't

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
              Yup

Comment

• Originally posted by ceb420 View Post
                I guess I'll say this again...

Eminem is white. He has tons of WHITE fans in America that aren't really that into hip hop. He's essentially a pop star. I would argue that Wayne is also somewhat of a pop star, but he doesn't have the same amount of mass appeal.
                Lil Wayne has tons of white fans too. Tons..

Comment

• Originally posted by ztom5 View Post
                  Lil Wayne has tons of white fans too. Tons..
                  Yeah but not like Em. Lots of people that don't really listen to hip hop listen to Em.

Go to a Wayne show in a place where black people actually live (I live in Louisiana and saw Wayne live) and you're gonna see way more black people than you'll ever see at an Eminem show.

Comment

• everyone's gonna get mad at me for saying this & that's fine idgaf, but i'm telling you RIGHT now.. if wayne went back even just a LITTLE to his old style.. the general public would be eating all his music up like they used to. for shits & giggles i went on twitter & searched "lil wayne autotune" .. EV-ER-Y-ONE was complaining that he uses it too much & wishes that he would go back to pure rap like c3/c4/no ceilings/etc. everyone seems to keep saying wayne is either "stuck" & cannot move forward with his music, or is trying too hard to be like the current wave of rappers. he needs to STAND. OUT. that's what he's always been good at and thats when he got the most attention. right now, he's just blending in with everyone else & that's why his shit isn't doing numbers & isn't all over the place like it used to be. that's just my two cents.

Comment

• its a shame because the music is solid but it really seems that there isn't any hype for the project

features are really trash when you think of it, other than Lil Baby and XXX none of the others are even relevant right now

they've had this album planned for at least 6 months, how can they not have a music video and lead single ready to go?

2020 Wayne can't pull off a surprise album - think he should take the Tyga approach and just drop singles until you get one that bangs on billboard then release the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
                        everyone's gonna get mad at me for saying this & that's fine idgaf, but i'm telling you RIGHT now.. if wayne went back even just a LITTLE to his old style.. the general public would be eating all his music up like they used to. for shits & giggles i went on twitter & searched "lil wayne autotune" .. EV-ER-Y-ONE was complaining that he uses it too much & wishes that he would go back to pure rap like c3/c4/no ceilings/etc. everyone seems to keep saying wayne is either "stuck" & cannot move forward with his music, or is trying too hard to be like the current wave of rappers. he needs to STAND. OUT. that's what he's always been good at and thats when he got the most attention. right now, he's just blending in with everyone else & that's why his shit isn't doing numbers & isn't all over the place like it used to be. that's just my two cents.
                        The only people on twitter that are gonna be typing "lil wayne autotune" together are the old heads complaining though. The people that like it aren't gonna bother talking about it. Wayne's biggest HIT of all is autotunechi. No Ceilings was full of autotune.

Funeral sounds really good if you listen on good speakers or headphones.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceb420 View Post
                          The only people on twitter that are gonna be typing "lil wayne autotune" together are the old heads complaining though. The people that like it aren't gonna bother talking about it. Wayne's biggest HIT of all is autotunechi. No Ceilings was full of autotune.

Funeral sounds really good if you listen on good speakers or headphones.
                          you missed my point. if you search lil wayne autotune on twitter, it just shows everyone tweeting with those words in their tweet. its not old heads at all, its literally all random people/general public. this "new style" of wayne is not hitting and its so obvious but everyone is completely oblivious & refuses to admit when wayne is starting to sound bad. no ceilings was not full of autotune are you serious dude lmao it was on EVER so slightly in like 4 songs. the way he uses it now is so intense you cant even understand him half the time & that's not a good look. & what are you talking about biggest hit of all autotunechi... what does that even mean.

Comment

Working...
                          X