Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
    lol nah the weekend doin them numbers isnt like c3. thts pretty average for a superstar these days. a million first week is still prob a million first week. i think people forget how big c3 really was. i was 10 years old not looking for any kind of music, and those singles were finding me. mrs. officer, lollipop, and a milli were HUGE

drake did 700k with scorpion and i think thts accurtaely 700. big but not big as c3, c4.

unless yall mean in these days people arent gravitating to music like they did then so thts why the numbers are equivalent then maybe. but if yall mean those numbers mean the album is as big i disagree
    Wayne had the attention of a whole generation, multiple generations really, he was that unique weirdo artist. These days there are so many artists and it's so easy to access music that everyone can find their niche, but at the same time everyone looks and sounds pretty similar so artists don't stand out as much. So it's like there are way more centres of gravity but fewer massive ones. Nobody can dominate everyone's attention for that long.

Idk how doing 455k today can be the same as a million people going out to buy your CD, or buying it on itunes.

Comment

• The thing is Wayne is not unique anymore. Who sounded like Wayne in 06 or 07 or 08? NOBODY! These days every rapper has dreads, has tattoos and drinks lean, so Wayne is not this unique rapper like 10-15 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by mania983 View Post
        The thing is Wayne is not unique anymore. Who sounded like Wayne in 06 or 07 or 08? NOBODY! These days every rapper has dreads, has tattoos and drinks lean, so Wayne is not this unique rapper like 10-15 years ago.
        true he is not a unique rapper these days but hes still a unique lyricst. which is what people seem to forget in the mainstream. he still has bars, flows, rhyme schemes etc. no one can make a verse like wayne when dialed in

Comment

The thing is Wayne is not unique anymore. Who sounded like Wayne in 06 or 07 or 08? NOBODY! These days every rapper has dreads, has tattoos and drinks lean, so Wayne is not this unique rapper like 10-15 years ago.
          Lmfao.... Wayne created this Shit he's a God to these rappers. Respect the goat

Comment

• Originally posted by ym9191 View Post
            Lmfao.... Wayne created this Shit he's a God to these rappers. Respect the goat
            lol calm down, where did i disrespect Wayne? I said he is not unique anymore because everyone is doing what he is doing and people unfortunately preffer the copies over the original

Comment

lol calm down, where did i disrespect Wayne? I said he is not unique anymore because everyone is doing what he is doing and people unfortunately preffer the copies over the original
              If u don't think wayne is unique... Man u lost asf

Comment

• Originally posted by ym9191 View Post
                If u don't think wayne is unique... Man u lost asf
                you clearly don't understand what i'm saying so whatever

Comment

ur clearly still lost asf

Comment

That dumbass has fwa as one of his favorite albums ������

nobody listens to that shit outside of this site lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityCM View Post

FWA is great album tho

Comment

An album can be good without being popular with the general public

Comment

i love u too man

Comment

Working...
                          X