Not to be sappy, but I'm curious bout y'all's beginnings as a Wayne fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YaBoyInThe505 View Post
    First Wayne album was Rebirth in 2010. Loved it and started liking Wayne from then on. C4 came out and I got it week one and from then became a huge fan of both Wayne and hip hop.
    I remember when rebirth was leaking on this site ppl were going crazy it was actually quite fun to watch in a way

Comment

My buddy in junior high was always playing C2, DD3 and D2. And I was mind blown by how much more of an entertaining rapper he was than everyone else. When I got an iPod nano for Christmas I gave it to him and told him to fill up all 2GB of storage with all the Wayne songs he had from his limewire library lol

Comment

Sht and them we are young money songs/ mainstream Wayne features I guess in 09-10

Comment

Originally posted by ym9191 View Post
          I remember when rebirth was leaking on this site ppl were going crazy it was actually quite fun to watch in a way
          Shout out Dino

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

QUOTE=bhawks24;1634799]I knew Wayne from the Hot Boys, He was on the Hardball soundtrack, and I knew a few songs off of Tha Carter like Go DJ, but I did not become a real fan until around 2006. My friends would download everything we liked on Limewire and burn CDs and pass them around. I got a few CDs with tracks from Dedication 1-2, and eventually Drought 3, and CII. I didn't even realize half of the tracks were Lil Wayne besides stuff like Fireman
            From that point on I downloaded everything I could find on Datpiff, Limewire, and sites like HipHopEarly.com. I finally got an iPod and got all of the track lists and albums/mixtapes in order for CIII![/QUOTE]

Originally posted by ballinbrad23 View Post
            My buddy in junior high was always playing C2, DD3 and D2. And I was mind blown by how much more of an entertaining rapper he was than everyone else. When I got an iPod nano for Christmas I gave it to him and told him to fill up all 2GB of storage with all the Wayne songs he had from his limewire library lol
            Our stories are pretty similar! Prime Weezy, and the run he has been on over the last few years has been similar in amazing flow, lyrics, and content. We even have the leaks!

Comment

Wish I joined this forum sooner, didn't think it would be my thing. Kept to the blogs for the longest time

Comment

Wait... people liked rebirth

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
                Sht and them we are young money songs/ mainstream Wayne features I guess in 09-10

Back then you could put Wayne on a song and know its gonna be a hit before it droppedxD

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
                  i don't think it's about if they liked it or not, but it was his first album after c3 so i can imagine everyone going crazy after the impact of c3

Comment

When your homeless the music you find holds alot more importance.
                    You got shit else to do and you want to escape your reality.
                    Heard some wayne tracks and followed him then C3 dropped and it cemented that wayne is GOAT

Comment

Originally posted by legendarytunechi View Post
                      i don't think it's about if they liked it or not, but it was his first album after c3 so i can imagine everyone going crazy after the impact of c3
                      Ahh yeah that make sense xD

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by fuckregistering View Post
                      When your homeless the music you find holds alot more importance.
                      You got shit else to do and you want to escape your reality.
                      Heard some wayne tracks and followed him then C3 dropped and it cemented that wayne is GOAT
                      Damn man I discovered Wayne at a low point in my life as well.... Sometimes don't think I'd be who I am without the GOAT and his music

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Back then you could put Wayne on a song and know its gonna be a hit before it droppedxD
                        I love rebirth...

Drop the world
                        Runnin
                        Paradice
                        Ground zero
                        One way trip
                        I'm so over you
                        On fire

It's different but that's ma shit man. Album was obviously different than what he usually did but it was fucking great.

And u Gotta thin about it... It was the next album after carter 3.. So of course it was leaking on here and ppll were going crazy there was a lottttttttt of traffic at that point.

It was kinda fucking fun lol

Comment

I love rebirth...

Drop the world
                          Runnin
                          Paradice
                          Ground zero
                          One way trip
                          I'm so over you
                          On fire

It's different but that's ma shit man. Album was obviously different than what he usually did but it was fucking great.

And u Gotta thin about it... It was the next album after carter 3.. So of course it was leaking on here and ppll were going crazy there was a lottttttttt of traffic at that point.

It was kinda fucking fun lol
                          yeah men DaDaDa was ma shit , really melodik. that song made me really think of wayne as the ultimate rockstar.
                          we the business - birdman

Comment

Working...
                          X