Not to be sappy, but I'm curious bout y'all's beginnings as a Wayne fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    Revenge of the Sith has the GOAT soundtrack.
    Immolation Scene, Anakin's Dark Deeds, Battle of Heroes >>>>>

But not a single track below 8/10

Comment

Back in my 4th thru 6th grade you either fucked with Bow Wow Wayne lil Romeo or Lil Zane. Juvenile was on fire Big Tymers were on fire! Cash Money was on fire! With me being young and Wayne being the youngest I rolled with him

Bling Bling and Tha Block Is Hot Were My Favorite Songs at the time and Back That Azz Up was just everywhere killing the streets!!!!

Been a Wayne fan ever since

I Became a Stan summer of O6 during the promo run of Like Father Like Son

Comment

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
        I couldn't believe the stuff Wayne was saying and the way he sounded, I thought this guy is weird as hell and possibly dangerously insane.
        LMAO that was 100% my impression of Wayne when i started listening to his solo tracks... but I continued to listen anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SareeBabee View Post
        Every fuckin day was a leak, u imagine? Now we thirsty for leftovers....
        wish we could go back

Comment

Originally posted by jsharma17 View Post
          Immolation Scene, Anakin's Dark Deeds, Battle of Heroes >>>>>

But not a single track below 8/10
          I'm So Sorry and Rise of the Empire were always favourites of mine. John Williams is so brilliant

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tha Mobb View Post
          LMAO that was 100% my impression of Wayne when i started listening to his solo tracks... but I continued to listen anyway
          It was one of the reasons I liked it so much.

I remember feeling almost personally attacked when he said "run up in a niggas house and shoot his grandmother up" since I was at my grandmother's at the time lol.

Comment

saw lollipop video clip on mtv

Comment

A friend played A Milli for me because it was really popular at the time at school (around 2008 which makes sense) and I wanted to be one of those go against the grain, I like unpopular shit dudes so I said I didn't like it at first even though I really did. I then downloaded C3 and the rest was history. Been listening to Wayne religiously since then. I'll never forget the days when LWHQ was fucking lit.

Comment

it was carter 4 for me xD

xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Emilyyy-xx View Post
                  it was carter 4 for me xD
                  yass how to love was one of my first wayne songs

Comment

Shit, it was like 2005/2006 for me. I was only like 7/8 years old my first time hearing wayne. My brother was big on rap growing up (we are 13 years apart) and I was with him in his car & I heard Fireman on the radio and I asked him who it was and he told me it was Lil Wayne. We ended up going to a super market & he bought me Tha Carter 2 just so I could listen to that one song (I used to get albums for literally just one song I liked). But I just let C2 play out from beginning to end & Tha Mobb literally blew me away. I had no business listening to Wayne at 7/8 years young, nor did I even have any idea what the fuck he was talking about. Ever since then, I haven�t met anybody who�s a bigger fan of wayne than me (besides HQ).

Comment

Originally posted by joeycmj View Post
                      Shit, it was like 2005/2006 for me. I was only like 7/8 years old my first time hearing wayne. My brother was big on rap growing up (we are 13 years apart) and I was with him in his car & I heard Fireman on the radio and I asked him who it was and he told me it was Lil Wayne. We ended up going to a super market & he bought me Tha Carter 2 just so I could listen to that one song (I used to get albums for literally just one song I liked). But I just let C2 play out from beginning to end & Tha Mobb literally blew me away. I had no business listening to Wayne at 7/8 years young, nor did I even have any idea what the fuck he was talking about. Ever since then, I haven’t met anybody who’s a bigger fan of wayne than me (besides HQ).

That is really young, but your brother da best for supporting you and helping you along the path to be a wayne fan xD my brother would never play his rap music round me till I was a bit older lmao

Comment

I became a Wayne fan in 8th grade (in 11th now) and basically what drew me in was the fact that I had always heard about him since a young age and of course I had heard songs like 6 Foot 7 Foot and Lollipop, and on top of that I have NOLA roots so I finally decided to check him out. I had no idea what I was in for, after I heard 3 Peat and John I was hooked. Nowadays I often argue with kids my age that he is the goat rapper but it seems people in my generation don't like Weezy, it saddens me that they only listen to rappers like YoungBoy, Lil Baby, Gunna, etc.
                        I can't trust my iPhone I think Siri the FEDs

Comment

Originally posted by NixDaPlug View Post
                          I became a Wayne fan in 8th grade (in 11th now) and basically what drew me in was the fact that I had always heard about him since a young age and of course I had heard songs like 6 Foot 7 Foot and Lollipop, and on top of that I have NOLA roots so I finally decided to check him out. I had no idea what I was in for, after I heard 3 Peat and John I was hooked. Nowadays I often argue with kids my age that he is the goat rapper but it seems people in my generation don't like Weezy, it saddens me that they only listen to rappers like YoungBoy, Lil Baby, Gunna, etc.
                          A bit older than ya but fr in the same boat... our generation has no respect for wayne and it bothers me so much. Like your favourite rapper most likely looks up to weezy as his idol (or at least is influenced by him) please brush up on da facts

Comment

Working...
                          X