Kendrick Lamar Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Immaculate View Post
    Half the album gonna be for mainstream appeal. Its a follow up to a classic album. Hes aiming for the charts on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raw_Tune View Post
      you realize pop is short for popular and I don't know where you been at these last couple year+ but rap has been popular music for a while

edit: not referring to you but i dont understand the whole changing his voice hate. He has been doing it since section.80. And it was all over GKMC.
      i know that dude, but kendrick shoudlnt do it

R.I.P DAD

Comment

Half the album gonna be for mainstream appeal. Its a follow up to a classic album. Hes aiming for the charts on this one.
        How are coming to that assumption after hearing one song?
        So you thought that when Swimming pools came out?
        Illogical assumption.

Originally posted by MarkoMaxX View Post
        True, He is diverse and versatile, but I don't like this type of songs.. I am his fan, not super fan, but I have his albums and mixtapes, and I do like lots of his songs, I just don't feel this one..

You can't tell me this song is on same level as Swimming Pools or Dont Kill my vibe.. it's just not.. It's way below.. But its still better than most of the songs these other rappers put out..
        Keep listening to it I bet it will grow on you. Did you like Swimming Pool when you first heard it?
        I am not saying its on the same level as swimming pools, but I am talking about the way it sounds.

Originally posted by dletender View Post
        i know that dude, but kendrick shoudlnt do it
        Do what? make music that appeals to more than one audience or are you talking about the voice thing?

Comment

• THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• new song grew on me. I hated it at first but after a few listen i appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by IceMan View Post
              fuckin dead lol

R.I.P DAD

Comment

How are coming to that assumption after hearing one song?
                So you thought that when Swimming pools came out?
                Illogical assumption.

Keep listening to it I bet it will grow on you. Did you like Swimming Pool when you first heard it?
                I am not saying its on the same level as swimming pools, but I am talking about the way it sounds.

Do what? make music that appeals to more than one audience or are you talking about the voice thing?
                Illogical? Lol. The only way to stay relevant after making a classic is to go mainstream.
                ​repetition is the father of learning

Comment

i guess its just me but when i dont like the song at first listen i dont listen to it pretty much ever again.. cuz i dont want to force liking something..

i loved swimming pools immediately tbh..it's one of my fav songs from kdot..

Comment

• The thing I took away from the song is Kendrick just isn't great at making radio music lol it's just not him..we all know bar for bar on some real rap ish he's the best out..he'll prove that on the album

Song is aight to me tho..think it's gonna kill the radio and the charts

Comment

Illogical? Lol. The only way to stay relevant after making a classic is to go mainstream.
                      Did Nas Or Jayz Ever Go Mainstream?????

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                        Did Nas Or Jayz Ever Go Mainstream?????
                        Nas attempted to but failed

you seriously don't think Jay Z is mainstream?

Comment

Yeah and he is gonna get a lot of hate from people comparing it to past albums, just like with wayne and everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                          X