Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASAP Rocky Discussion Thread

Originally posted by chapweezy View Post

A$AP's first cameo he also helped direct the video with ICU, its dope off Danny Browns XXX

Niiiiice
    I fux with Danny Brown .. Got XXX and Black and Brown on repeat

Dude's crazy though lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pux View Post
        Niiiiice
        I fux with Danny Brown .. Got XXX and Black and Brown on repeat

Dude's crazy though lol
        Yea he is, the shit he talks about Lol Hes dope as fuck tho that XXX was monster!

Anyway that A$AP x Juicy J collab is dope as fuck!

Just gonna put this here since its A$AP related.

Comment

This goes hard!

Instagram:
          NordicBeauties

Comment

Originally posted by Young Mula Baaaby View Post

This goes hard!
            Can't wait for the official video.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

ASAP Rocky Says Deluxe Version Of "LiveLoveA$AP" Is Coming, Reveals Identity Of "Purple Swag" Video Girl | Rappers Talk Hip Hop Beef & Old School Hip Hop | HipHop DX
              Polo Grounds/RCA's newly signed talented says that Hip Hop should not discriminate against homosexuals, and that "Deep Purple" is not an authorized mixtape in his catalog.

Considering that he's from Harlem, there's been a lot made of the fact that ASAP Rocky doesn't sound much like what we've come to expect from New York rappers. His tracks are often much more in line with Houston than Harlem, but to him, dwelling on that fact means that you're overlooking the music. In the digital age, Rap is being consumed by a more wide-reaching audience than ever before, and ASAP Rocky's sound is proof of that. His influences aren't as regional as we've come to expect from rappers – his swagger is about the closest thing you can relate to Harlem.

His rise is also indicative of the new pace of the music world in the blog era. Having released his debut video, “Purple Swag,” in early July, he now has over a million views apiece for that and his follow up, “Peso.” More importantly, he recently signed a record deal with Polo Grounds/RCA worth a reported $3 million, split between his solo deal and his new label, ASAP Worldwide, less than a month after dropping his proper mixtape debut, LiveLoveA$AP.

Interviewing a rapper who regularly calls himself “that pretty muthafucka,” HipHopDX was preparing myself for a prima donna, yet over the course of our interview, New York's newest sensation proved himself to be quite humble and forthcoming. Rocky spoke on a number of topics by phone. Among those covered, he responded to those that have an issue with his sound, spoke on not alienating gay fans, and admitted that Deep Purple wasn't a proper ASAP Rocky release.

Perhaps most importantly, DX was able to finally shed some exclusive insight on the now-infamous girl in the “Purple Swag” video.

HipHopDX: I am so glad I finally get to answer my first question for you. This is something I've wanted to know for a while. I've searched the Internet and haven't gotten an answer – there are at least two Yahoo! Answers questions for this, by the way. Please tell me as much as you possibly can about the girl in the “Purple Swag” video.
              Click the link to read the interview, it's long as fuck and i didn't feel like overloading the thread with it

sick freestyle too:
              http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/71577...tml#id=1675083
              Last edited by Ares; 12-01-2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

A$AP Cypher
                ASAP Rocky, ASAP Nast, ASAP Ferg, SpaceGhostPurrp, ASAP Twelvy

Download Here

Comment

Comment

Demons is too fire

Comment

I love how Slim K slowed it down, is there a full tape by him?
                      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

we need to make an A$APhq

as well as a kdothq

^^^I could have been there
                        if i knew ASAP would be there i would have definitely gone.
                        Last edited by Ares; 12-03-2011, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X