Eminem Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyberg View Post
    Had a dream that Wayne was on one of the bonus songs..

Inb4he'snot or Inb4heis
    i wish he would be

Comment

• Hope Dr. Dre produces most songs on the album... probably wont happen

Comment

• Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
        i wish he would be
        Yeah me too, my two favorite rappers!!!

Why pick on somebody helpless
        If you can't paint a picture on your own, you make a stain on sombody else's

Comment

• after a couple more listens that shit grew on me

Comment

• hearing this new Em shit just makes me wanna listen to his old shit

Comment

• because the album is gonna be huge

anyone think we could get a leak this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                because the album is gonna be huge

anyone think we could get a leak this weekend?
                No.
                The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

• Em going on tour with Kendrick Lamar Cole and Chance the Rapper

So much fucking win!! Kendrick with a W, first with Yeezy now with Em

it's only on four cities in the US tho
                  Originally posted by Shake
                  Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Originally posted by Vocker View Post
                    Em going on tour with Kendrick Lamar Cole and Chance the Rapper

waiting for this
                    Last edited by dletender; 10-23-2013, 06:44 AM.

R.I.P DAD

Comment

• Originally posted by Vocker View Post
                      Em going on tour with Kendrick Lamar Cole and Chance the Rapper

you aint from the US tho??
                      tickets for the em and kendrick concert are supposed to be ridiculously high

Comment

• Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                        you aint from the US tho??
                        tickets for the em and kendrick concert are supposed to be ridiculously high
                        Nope
                        Originally posted by Shake
                        Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Something interesting to read:

"Right now, I'm probably working harder than I've ever worked in my life," says a sleep-deprived Eminem, gulping diet Red Bull in his suburban Detroit studio. He's well past deadline ("They keep telling me a different day," he says) on his new album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – out November 5th – and the final mixes still aren't quite done. "Aside from around the time of The Eminem Show, when I was also doing the 8 Mile movie and soundtrack and score and shit like that. This is probably the equivalent of that, but all focused on the record."
                          Eminem on the Road Back From Hell
                          A lot of fans – including Eminem himself, most days – consider 2000's original The Marshall Mathers LP his best. So making an album worthy of the name meant recording, and then discarding, dozens of extra songs. "Calling it The Marshall Mathers LP 2, obviously I knew that there might be certain expectations," he says. "I wouldn't want to call it that just for the sake of calling it that. I had to make sure that I had the right songs – and just when you think you got it, you listen and you're like, 'Fuck, man! I feel like it needs this or that,' to paint the whole picture."
                          Some tracks, including the Rick Rubin-produced, Beastie-esque single "Berzerk," draw on old-school hip-hop. Eminem was already headed that way when his manager, Paul Rosenberg, hooked him up with Rubin. "Getting with him was like, 'Holy shit!'" says Eminem. "As many genres of music that he is able to fuck with, he's like Yoda. I couldn't do it. You sit me there with a rock group, I don't know the first fucking thing about banging on the drums."
                          Eminem emphasizes that the album, which includes collaborations with Kendrick Lamar, Nate Ruess and Rihanna (again), is "not necessarily a sequel, as much as it is a revisitation.
                          "So there's not gonna be, like, continuations of every old song on there or anything like that," he adds. "To me, it's more about the vibe, and it's more about the nostalgia."
                          This story is from the November 7th, 2013, issue of Rolling Stone.

Source: Eminem Revives the Real Slim Shady | Music News | Rolling Stone
                          Last edited by dletender; 10-23-2013, 06:38 PM.

R.I.P DAD

Comment

Working...
                          X