This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tha Studio General Chat...

This thread is for anything that's not a physical song or video. I'm sure we're all getting tired of seeing pointless threads about recording equipment everyday, and other pointless threads. Discuss all of your equipment here, anything involving Tha Studio, and whatever you want. Most of y'all know how this works.
    Last edited by THA GR8 M8; 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM.

protect dunston at all costs

Re: Tha Studio Index & Chat

new songs cumming soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EVERYONE CHECK MY MUSIC OUT, AND PM ME IF U HAVE ANY REQUESTS AND INQUIRIES !!!!!

Comment

Some of that other other shit y'all haven't heard yet. Ha!

Swag Snippet

Comment

can i get some referrals for mics? like which do ya'll use, how do you like it, stuff like that.

i'm looking for a moderately priced mic, i'm willing to spend a little over $100 on one, don't want to tie myself down with an expensive mic when i may want another one or may just dislike the one i buy. any help would be appreciated, fellas.
        http://scroogemcdope.tumblr.com/
        if you're on tumblr, follow my blog & i'll follow back!

Comment

Originally posted by ScHeEzZ View Post
          can i get some referrals for mics? like which do ya'll use, how do you like it, stuff like that.

i'm looking for a moderately priced mic, i'm willing to spend a little over $100 on one, don't want to tie myself down with an expensive mic when i may want another one or may just dislike the one i buy. any help would be appreciated, fellas.
          Here's my set-up...

Mic - Samson CO1U (USB). As far as I know, you can get this mic for like $80 online brand new. I got mine for $99 at my local music store because I didn't wanna worry about shipping and whatnot. Bought it in March I believe.
          Mic Stand - QuikLok A-300. Runs for around $30. Folds up nicely went you don't need it, and is pretty durable. Just picked this up last week. The mic I have and mentioned above comes with a desktop stand, but it got annoying after a bit.
          Pop Filter - Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On. Goes for around $15. Good pop filter in my opinion.
          Other - Foam Ball Windscreen. Picked this up at RadioShack like 2 years ago for like $5. I think it's kinda like a cheap pop filter replacement, but I use both my pop filter and this. I never really have to worry about small things picking up through my mic or my "S's" and etc picking up heavily.

So all in all, it looks like my set-up is in your price range. You could always pick up the mic stand, or other accessories at a different time as well if needed. My mic is really good. I just need to work on my mastering/mixing more. Another good thing about this mic is that it comes with Cakewalk's Sonar recording and editing software. I personally don't like it, but you might. I decided to just stick with Mixcraft.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
            Here's my set-up...

Mic - Samson CO1U (USB). As far as I know, you can get this mic for like $80 online brand new. I got mine for $99 at my local music store because I didn't wanna worry about shipping and whatnot. Bought it in March I believe.
            Mic Stand - QuikLok A-300. Runs for around $30. Folds up nicely went you don't need it, and is pretty durable. Just picked this up last week. The mic I have and mentioned above comes with a desktop stand, but it got annoying after a bit.
            Pop Filter - Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On. Goes for around $15. Good pop filter in my opinion.
            Other - Foam Ball Windscreen. Picked this up at RadioShack like 2 years ago for like $5. I think it's kinda like a cheap pop filter replacement, but I use both my pop filter and this. I never really have to worry about small things picking up through my mic or my "S's" and etc picking up heavily.

So all in all, it looks like my set-up is in your price range. You could always pick up the mic stand, or other accessories at a different time as well if needed. My mic is really good. I just need to work on my mastering/mixing more. Another good thing about this mic is that it comes with Cakewalk's Sonar recording and editing software. I personally don't like it, but you might. I decided to just stick with Mixcraft.

Hope this helps.
            where do you record? like in a bedroom or somethin?

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJay View Post
              where do you record? like in a bedroom or somethin?
              Usually in the middle of my room ha. I wanna invest in one of those like 260 degree sound wall things though in the future.

Comment

speaking of microphones, can anyone tell me who makes those microphones which have a small wall around the actual microphone which makes it sound proof without actually modifying the room which u record in

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Professor View Post
                  speaking of microphones, can anyone tell me who makes those microphones which have a small wall around the actual microphone which makes it sound proof without actually modifying the room which u record in
                  you talking about THIS its an attachment... thats the only thing i could find from what your talking about
                  http://youngcorruption.tumblr.com/
                  Facebook Fan Page

Props to Woocky

Comment

Originally posted by Young Corruption View Post
                    you talking about THIS its an attachment... thats the only thing i could find from what your talking about
                    Thank u YC, that's exactly what i was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Professor View Post
                      Thank u YC, that's exactly what i was looking for.
                      no problem man. i didn't know that exist but its looks badass and heard a lot of good reviews from other music forums
                      http://youngcorruption.tumblr.com/
                      Facebook Fan Page

Props to Woocky

Comment

You guys should head over to Freestyle Battles and Rap Battles at Lets Beef

Comment

Working...
                        X