X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reputation System Explained

Originally posted by Artille View Post
    To confirm. You can see the names of the people who are repping you? Or can you just see that you were repped by somebody and a name is not shown. This does not include someone leaving there name in the comment box.

Just trying to confirm, because if you can see it then it ruins the whole process and makes the anonymous neg rep not so anonymous.
    to confirm i can see who has repped me and a little comment which some people have given and other who havent

Comment

To confirm. You can see the names of the people who are repping you? Or can you just see that you were repped by somebody and a name is not shown. This does not include someone leaving there name in the comment box.

Just trying to confirm, because if you can see it then it ruins the whole process and makes the anonymous neg rep not so anonymous.
      If they can see it, maybe the permissions should be changed because that would mean people who give negative reputation may be targets for being flamed, or just recieving negative reputation back from the person they gave that negative reputation too, to get back at them..?

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
        to confirm i can see who has repped me and a little comment which some people have given and other who havent
        Thanks. Now I have to let Danny know to fix that. Sorry, but that has to go because then people will be afraid to give neg rep because they know that they will receive it back. Ruins the whole system.

Staff can see it for obvious reasons, but we are allowing the Weezy Veterans to see it as well because they have donated money to the site or contributed in some fashion to making the site a better place. There may be more perks for the Weezy Veterans coming soon btw.

EDIT: Just realized that Wisheezy said pretty much the same thing haha. Great minds think alike

Comment

Thanks. Now I have to let Danny know to fix that. Sorry, but that has to go because then people will be afraid to give neg rep because they know that they will receive it back. Ruins the whole system.

Staff can see it for obvious reasons, but we are allowing the Weezy Veterans to see it as well because they have donated money to the site or contributed in some fashion to making the site a better place. There may be more perks for the Weezy Veterans coming soon btw.

EDIT: Just realized that Wisheezy said pretty much the same thing haha. Great minds think alike
          Ahaha, yeah great minds alike, you already know

EDIT:

Rep power goes up depending on...

Registration date: for every __ number of days they are registered, they gain 1 point, so what they can give goes up one point.

Post count: for every __ posts, they gain 1 point so what they can give to others goes up a point

Reputation: for every ___ rep received, they gain 1 point so what they can give to others goes up a point. <- so by you adding your 100 rep points to them, it increases according to what the __ is.
          Last edited by Wisheezy; 06-11-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Yes Artille, we can all see who repped us. Which does ruin it. For instance, i negative repped someone last night for a legit reason. And then he negative repped me back for no reason. Smh. It does need to be anonymous.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Well i think it should be a choice for instance i may want someone to know that i gave them negative/positive rep it makes no difference to me if my rep is +100 or -100 it should be a box that can get ticked 'do you want to remain anonymous' of some bullshit like that if of course it is possible

Comment

The rep system is anonymous now!

Comment

well i can rep someone and say in that comment box thingy rep franknstein back i like my suggestion to have a choice

Comment

well i can rep someone and say in that comment box thingy rep franknstein back i like my suggestion to have a choice
                    You abuse the system.

Comment

It's more complicated than that. It's not something that Danny can edit because it's not part of the application/hack. The only solution is that you just put your name in the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
                        You abuse the system.
                        yea coz they repped me and asked to get repped back what do you expect of me
                        jeez bro calm down its just a rep system no one cares bout it we all know who are the reg contributors are without a rep system fuck

Comment

Good it'sanonymous now for members, means people shouldn't "rep back" for no reason, and also negative reputation won't have a knock on effect!

Comment

Working...
                          X