X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
    The Master.

Beautiful film. Amazing artistic directing from PTA a joy to watch. The acting was superb also, but the story was weird and messy imo.

Here's a quote from a reviewer that I kinda agree with:
    "'The Master' mesmerizes, but misses the mark

With this mesmerizing and massively ambitious film, writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson has taken pains to re-create the '50s with superb production design and gorgeous cinematography. But he seems less concerned with whether the audience is along for the ride. The story can leave viewers at sea, floundering to give meaning to what they are watching."
    Joaquin Phoenix >>>

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
      Joaquin Phoenix >>>
      Indeed!

Philip Seymour Hoffman was just as awesome imo. I don't think Phoenix outshined him or nothing, they were both perfect for these roles!

Comment

• Any good films to download? Feel like watching one tonight was going to watch "Higher Learning" yesterday but fell sleep lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waq1 View Post
          Any good films to download? Feel like watching one tonight was going to watch "Higher Learning" yesterday but fell sleep lol.
          warrior
          50/50

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockstar Wayne View Post
            I won't say anything else my friend. Just watch it. It's on Netflix if you got it.
            I have now watched it. But can you now tell me why I had to watch this?

The movie wasn't straight up trash, but imo it was a very unneccesary movie. Not that the theme itself is something we should close our eyes to, but to me it didn't feel like a movie that wanted to tell us about all these things, but actually just a pointless movie on a not-so-pointless subject.
            Oddly enough it kept me kinda interested, but overall I did not like it.

Comment

I have now watched it. But can you now tell me why I had to watch this?

The movie wasn't straight up trash, but imo it was a very unneccesary movie. Not that the theme itself is something we should close our eyes to, but to me it didn't feel like a movie that wanted to tell us about all these things, but actually just a pointless movie on a not-so-pointless subject.
              Oddly enough it kept me kinda interested, but overall I did not like it.
              The movie was good to me. The ending though? Come on. The movie didn't have the best acting but I think it was very necessary. Shows ppl what not to do. And it was a true story. Idk thought you'd find it interesting. I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockstar Wayne View Post
                The movie was good to me. The ending though? Come on. The movie didn't have the best acting but I think it was very necessary. Shows ppl what not to do. And it was a true story. Idk thought you'd find it interesting. I did.
                Yeah it was interesting. But not that good imo.

But hey bruh, it's all good. I like to have movies recommended and you can't hit it right everytime. ... Btw, go watch Grave Encounters if you haven't!

Comment

The Master.

Beautiful film. Amazing artistic directing from PTA a joy to watch. The acting was superb also, but the story was weird and messy imo.

Here's a quote from a reviewer that I kinda agree with:
                  "'The Master' mesmerizes, but misses the mark

With this mesmerizing and massively ambitious film, writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson has taken pains to re-create the '50s with superb production design and gorgeous cinematography. But he seems less concerned with whether the audience is along for the ride. The story can leave viewers at sea, floundering to give meaning to what they are watching."

It's a classic example of what people would consider a folly.

Just because it disconcerts narrative structure, it isn't a bad film. Matter of fact, I'd call it one of the greatest - ever.

I personally feel in a few decades people will call this a masterpiece; the only reason people don't hate on Playtime, Close-Up, Breathless, 2001: A Space Odyssey etc. is because history has told us not to. The Master will be one of those.

Rant over.

Comment

Yeah it was interesting. But not that good imo.

But hey bruh, it's all good. I like to have movies recommended and you can't hit it right everytime. ... Btw, go watch Grave Encounters if you haven't!
                    What's it's about?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                      It's a classic example of what people would consider a folly.

Just because it disconcerts narrative structure, it isn't a bad film. Matter of fact, I'd call it one of the greatest - ever.

I personally feel in a few decades people will call this a masterpiece; the only reason people don't hate on Playtime, Close-Up, Breathless, 2001: A Space Odyssey etc. is because history has told us not to. The Master will be one of those.

Rant over.
                      lol it probably will be. Still doesn't change my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Rockstar Wayne View Post
                      What's it's about?
                      If you like Paranormal Activity just a little (or you don't, but wanna watch a good found footage movie), I think you're going to digg Grave Encounters. It's imo one of the best found-footage horror films.

Comment

lol it probably will be. Still doesn't change my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

If you like Paranormal Activity just a little (or you don't, but wanna watch a good found footage movie), I think you're going to digg Grave Encounters. It's imo one of the best found-footage horror films.
                        Aight I'll watch it.

Comment

• Has anyone ever seen Seven Samurai?
                          I haven't decided whether I should invest my time in it or not
                          not a super big fan of older, b&w, foreign movies
                          But Kurosawa is a genius

Comment

Working...
                          X