Hip Hop POV - Lil Wayne 2 part Exclusive Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dukez View Post
    my only thing with the whole "Carter II" wayne is the person who is credited as saying that.
    This bitch amanda or w.e her name is got to listen to IANAHB II and says he's back to that screw face carter II shit....

Meanwhile when 2 chainz is performing "riding round gettin it" and she's mouthing all his sewerage lyrics and banging out to it....
    2 chainz might have a ridiculous buzz because of his flow and the way he says shit but he is a garbage lyricist.

So for right now, she is not a credible source at all. Drop a single and we'll see whats really good.
    Why does this make her a less credible source? She didn't say 2 chainz was a good lyricist

You can bang 2 chainz and still appreciate C2 Wayne?

Comment

• thats a pretty bold statement not going to lie, i hope she isn't lying though aha, and to everyone saying oh ya birdman gudda jae they all said that c4 is amazing, theyre just kissin ass because he's their boss/'son'.....this is from a source outside of young money and cash money, who wants to hear the old wayne like the rest of us, so i can see it being true

Comment

• Originally posted by Pux View Post
        Why does this make her a less credible source? She didn't say 2 chainz was a good lyricist

You can bang 2 chainz and still appreciate C2 Wayne?

That's another way of looking at it and I respect that.
        But how many times have people said hes back to raw rap and carter II shit...
        I hope I am proven wrong, but most likely she will be proven wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
        thats a pretty bold statement not going to lie, i hope she isn't lying though aha, and to everyone saying oh ya birdman gudda jae they all said that c4 is amazing, theyre just kissin ass because he's their boss/'son'.....this is from a source outside of young money and cash money, who wants to hear the old wayne like the rest of us, so i can see it being true

All true, I guess we will see when the first single drops. I feel like wayne doesnt even know what hes saying half the time. We get 12 maybe 13 songs on the carter albums? what??

I wonder what's good with that Nirvana sample everybody was buzzing about a lil while ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnjaro View Post
          thats a pretty bold statement not going to lie, i hope she isn't lying though aha, and to everyone saying oh ya birdman gudda jae they all said that c4 is amazing, theyre just kissin ass because he's their boss/'son'.....this is from a source outside of young money and cash money, who wants to hear the old wayne like the rest of us, so i can see it being true
          this
          [COLOR="rgb(105, 105, 105)"]I LOOK DOWN I SEE THEM , WHEN I LOOK UP I DON'T SEE ANY[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukez View Post
            That's another way of looking at it and I respect that.
            But how many times have people said hes back to raw rap and carter II shit...
            I hope I am proven wrong, but most likely she will be proven wrong.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

All true, I guess we will see when the first single drops. I feel like wayne doesnt even know what hes saying half the time. We get 12 maybe 13 songs on the carter albums? what??

I wonder what's good with that Nirvana sample everybody was buzzing about a lil while ago.
            That was for Rebirth II.
            And I'm pretty sure the only people who have praised C4 are all members of YMCMB.
            OVOXO-YMCMB

Comment

• Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
              Wasn't there a Wayne hater that heard an IANAHB2 song and claimed it was hot?

And I mean this new statement is coming from a DJ. It's gotta hold some merit. Though I don't really want a C2 Wayne. I'd rather a DD3 Wayne.
              Ya I remember hearing some big wayne hater heard a song off it and admitted it was good.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyIquan View Post
                Wasn't there a Wayne hater that heard an IANAHB2 song and claimed it was hot?

And I mean this new statement is coming from a DJ. It's gotta hold some merit. Though I don't really want a C2 Wayne. I'd rather a DD3 Wayne.
                Yes, it was Eric Warrell (@EricWBS) on Twitter

But, based on what he said, it doesn't sound anything like C2. It is all punchlines with an uptempo beat. It also has a Busta Rhymes feature and is produced by David Banner. I don't believe anything that this guy says, but he could be right.
                Last edited by Sportz; 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewCityYM View Post
                  Carter II Wayne Tho, Gotta Hear It To Believe It...

Comment

• Wayne saying "I just say what I want on it... I'm creatively free" is exactly why I can't wait for IANAHB2. This is also why his mixtapes are his best work (in my opinion). I think he tried too hard to be lyrical on the Carter 4 album and worried too much about what he was saying. This causes him to lose his flow and fire that everybody loves (No ceilings, DD3). Wayne's at his best when he doesn't have to think and just spits like a maniac for 4 minutes... I hope we get tracks like that soon

Comment

• I'm about to have a heartattack here, HYPED, even if we're not sure if it will turn out to be good.

New Wayne = New Wayne.

Part 2 of the interview coming soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miron View Post
                        I'm about to have a heartattack here, HYPED, even if we're not sure if it will turn out to be good.

New Wayne = New Wayne.

Part 2 of the interview coming soon?
                        Next Thursday at 12AM I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sportz View Post
                          Next Thursday at 12AM I think.
                          It's tonight at 12

Comment

Working...
                          X