Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lil' Wayne > Tupac

Originally posted by xkevanx View Post
    I feel this batman quote kind of represents the rap world a little .
    "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Tupac and Biggie died young and are seen as hip hop legends, Wayne has been in the game a long time and people notice how his style has changed, and not all of them like it. So much so that they start to hate..

Now I know Waynes not much older than Tupac when he died, but the duration of time and the amount of content Wayne has put out has let people critique more on how hes changed as an artist.

Basically what I'm saying is, part of the reason that Tupac is rated so highly is because he died.
    Real Talk

Comment

Originally posted by WeEzYNo1FaN View Post
      Pac had it all tbh Lyrics, Flow, Storytelling, Impact, Passion. He is imo the greatest rapper ever
      No he hadn't all.He wasn't skilled like other legends.Not even close.People love him first of all because he was a rebel.Because of his personality.
      As I said when he was alive nobody called him GOAT.At the middle of the 90's Rakim was the biggest name and he had the biggest impact in the game.Then Pac started the rivalry with Biggie and this helped both legacies.Pac had/has an impact.But Rakim and Run-DMC had the biggest impact in US as about hip-hop.And worldwide Eminem.
      Hip-Hop is huge in all over the world because of Eminem.And nobody can dispute that.Eminem is bigger than hip-hop and that's why he is the Greatest ever and he isn't my favorite rapper but hell Hip-Hop is huge in all over the planet because of the white boy.
      Ask people in Malta and they don't know who is Lil Wayne or who is Tupac.Ask people in Argentina-Brazil and they don't know who is Nas or who is Rakim.But everybody knows Eminem because at his prime 1999-2003 made hip-hop huge and because he was not only the Greatest rapper in that period but he was also the Greatest artist in the music generally that period.

Imo impact is the first and most important parameter.Because music has to do with taste.And to consider someone the GOAT you must think how important is to music.
      Eminem has by far the Greatest impact worldwide in Hip-Hop history.Jay-Z,2pac,Nas,Biggie,Rakim can't touch Em's impact.Not even close.
      Hip-Hop is huge because of Eminem's prime.Reality,hate him or love him.

Comment

Eminen is the GOAT plain and simple. Been saying it for ages no rapper comes close (apart from Nas).

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordan23 View Post
          Imo impact is the first and most important parameter.Because music has to do with taste.And to consider someone the GOAT you must think how important is to music.
          Eminem has by far the Greatest impact worldwide in Hip-Hop history.Jay-Z,2pac,Nas,Biggie,Rakim can't touch Em's impact.Not even close.
          Hip-Hop is huge because of Eminem's prime.Reality,hate him or love him.
          Then instead of repping rakim, you should rep the god: MC HAMMER.

And about eminem having the greatest impact... Well Tupac had a huge impact after he died, and is in about the same lines as M&M's sales overall. And I think people know 50cent and Nas too if they Know Eminem. But I think that some random peep in Malta doesn't give a fuck about any of them.

And saying hiphop is big BECAUSE of Eminem? just no.

Eminems legacy is the huge amount of small kids wearing a yankees cap sideways when they don't even watch baseball, not that he was GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethurrr View Post
            Then instead of repping rakim, you should rep the god: MC HAMMER.

And about eminem having the greatest impact... Well Tupac had a huge impact after he died, and is in about the same lines as M&M's sales overall. And I think people know 50cent and Nas too if they Know Eminem. But I think that some random peep in Malta doesn't give a fuck about any of them.

And saying hiphop is big BECAUSE of Eminem? just no.

Eminems legacy is the huge amount of small kids wearing a yankees cap sideways when they don't even watch baseball, not that he was GOAT.
            Do you remeber Pac's fans when he was alive and how old they were?Let me tell you.10-15 years old.And they didn't know about hip-hop.Nothing!
            MC Hammer has no business to put him with Rakim.Paid in Full changed the history of hip-hop.
            And lol@"people know 50cent and Nas too if they Know Eminem."Is this a joke?
            This doesn't change that Nas is a legend and easily one of the Greatest ever but he (like the other) can't touch Em's impact.
            Pac considered GOAT by some people in US because his death overrate him.Same with Biggie.With only two Albums and still some people consider him GOAT.Both rappers are Greats but they are also overrated.
            Eminem after Eminem Show considered the Greatest ever by a lot of people all over the world and he was/is alive.
            Eminem is the only one to reinvent Hip-Hop 1999-2003 and he did it in the shadow of 2pac's and Biggie''s deaths along with being a white male. Em did the impossible, prevailed and did it better than anyone has ever done it.
            And for their legacies Tupac "had" Biggie and Biggie "had" Tupac.Their rivalry helped both legacies....
            Eminem "had" Eminem.In a class by himself.
            Em took Hip-Hop from 99'-03' to the highest level ever all over the world.
            Tupac and Biggie made a lot for the Hip-Hop mainly at US.
            Em made a lot for the game in all over the world...That's a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Zati View Post
              If 2Pac was to come out now he would still be the greastest. Only because he was so real..
              He made you think about things in your life from a song.. And Lil' Wayne just makes you fantasize about things you want in your life. Both very good at rapping but Pac was fundamental and was all about work. Lil' Wayne just starting to encounter that phase..

Study Pac and study Wayne both in their prime and then tell me who's better..

Pac wasn't average.. some people consider him the black Jesus, and Wayne a martian. So one thing for sure is that their talents exceeds them in being "human'. Meaning they aren't the average person.. they exceed. Like Micheal Jordan did with basketball, Pac did with Rap. And LeBron and Wayne are the next generational chapter.
              very well said

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

It seems like everyone in the world who listens to rap is a fan of lil wayne , or least in one point of time, but because he switches up his flow and style every year i think ppl start to dislike him unless your a big fan. The reason I love lil waynes music is cuz he makes bangin ass songs that are good to ride around, his songs are funny as hell and plain out good. One reason ppl dislike him i think, is because everyone else likes him. which i dont get because everyone loves em. idk its confusing, maybe cuz hes white. Lil Wayne is great. Eminem is great. all the legends are great. im out
              young boy what you gunna do the 4th time around.. how you gon come back he try tell em... i come back like 32... i jump back like 33.. c4 =1mil

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelJordan23 View Post
                Do you remeber Pac's fans when he was alive and how old they were?Let me tell you.10-15 years old.And they didn't know about hip-hop.Nothing!
                MC Hammer has no business to put him with Rakim.Paid in Full changed the history of hip-hop.
                And lol@"people know 50cent and Nas too if they Know Eminem."Is this a joke?
                This doesn't change that Nas is a legend and easily one of the Greatest ever but he (like the other) can't touch Em's impact.
                Pac considered GOAT by some people in US because his death overrate him.Same with Biggie.With only two Albums and still some people consider him GOAT.Both rappers are Greats but they are also overrated.
                Eminem after Eminem Show considered the Greatest ever by a lot of people all over the world and he was/is alive.
                Eminem is the only one to reinvent Hip-Hop 1999-2003 and he did it in the shadow of 2pac's and Biggie''s deaths along with being a white male. Em did the impossible, prevailed and did it better than anyone has ever done it.
                And for their legacies Tupac "had" Biggie and Biggie "had" Tupac.Their rivalry helped both legacies....
                Eminem "had" Eminem.In a class by himself.
                Em took Hip-Hop from 99'-03' to the highest level ever all over the world.
                Tupac and Biggie made a lot for the Hip-Hop mainly at US.
                Em made a lot for the game in all over the world...That's a big difference.
                Ofc, thats exactly why tupac is so overrated too. And when you talked about rakim and impact, well McHammer got impact, but Im not telling you he could fuck with rakim rap vice

And yes, lol @ everyone who thinks Biggie/Tupac is GOAT. And about you lolling at people knowing 50 and Nas fosho if they know em? No lie tbh. Well, atleast 50. He used to be insane and is actually farmore commercially succesfull than eminem.

Ofc Em got the fact that his white. And thats the most of his succes anyways.

Lets take examples: Elvis. There were alot of huge black artists back then but they coulnd't bring them up like Elvis. As the guy who "found" Elvis had sais that they need a white man who can sing like a black man. Look it up.

MJ is just obvious..

See the connection with succes here? good. Now I can tell you that, if Nas would be white, M&M would be working @ McDonalds. There wouldn't have been the need to have the white guy up there anymore, if Nas had already filled that place.

And what brought most of the rappers we know up: their backstories. With Em too.

There is also alot of other rappers that have done "alot for the game" other than Eminem. I could issue that Eminems Impact isn't anything compared to the ones that made Hip Hop popular in the first place, and no they are not really tupac or biggie either.

And about actual GOATS, I think most of the people in Europe voach for rappers Inside their respective countries more than the ones that come from USA. (Maybe not UK, tho.) Don't know about the other continents.

Ofc, simply put there is no GOAT, its just an opinnion in your head. If you declare some rapper GOAT, you will most likely be considered a dickrider too.

Peace.

Comment

Lol ^^
                  50 isn't more successful commercially than Eminem. GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
                    Lol ^^
                    50 isn't more successful commercially than Eminem. GTFO.
                    Oh really, think about 50 and how good he is. If he isn't really that good then he must be commercially successful to sell, right? And 50 cent is a very renown rapper thanks to his Feuds. Eminem has had feuds too, but his not famous because of them like 50 cent.

Nvm that tho, the real winner of commercial success is Birdman, no doubt.

Comment

Tupac is extremely overrated. Has Tupac ever used wordplay in his raps? Nope. I don't think I've ever heard Tupac make a play on words. Or use any clever metaphors/similes ever. Then you combine his nonexistant wordplay with his ELEMENTARY rhyme schemes, and you have yourself a very basic and straightforward rapper. Yeah, the truth is, he's not as great as people make him out to be
                      Last edited by Weezy_BestRapperAlive; 05-26-2011, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethurrr View Post
                        Oh really, think about 50 and how good he is. If he isn't really that good then he must be commercially successful to sell, right? And 50 cent is a very renown rapper thanks to his Feuds. Eminem has had feuds too, but his not famous because of them like 50 cent.

Nvm that tho, the real winner of commercial success is Birdman, no doubt.
                        Are you high, Eminem kills all in hip hop for commercial sales, google which rapper has sold most albums.
                        No rapper fucks with Eminem full stop.
                        Eminem by himself has outsold all of Cash money and all artists under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Franknstein View Post
                          Are you high, Eminem kills all in hip hop for commercial sales, google which rapper has sold most albums.
                          No rapper fucks with Eminem full stop.
                          Eminem by himself has outsold all of Cash money and all artists under it.
                          I don't think you understood what I said. Its easy to sell white boys music that is Qualiy all over the world. If u suck like birdman and still sell like he does, your fucking commercially succesfull. Think about it like this, Eminem is Microsoft, he sells the most and he sells quality. Birdman sells a different versionlike mac (ok mac is actually good, sorry for all mac users.) but doesn't sell as much, but he sells it with too high of a price next to the real quality of his work.

Microsoft is the most popular brand and it doesn't have to advertise itself at all like mac does. Its just branded so well, like eminem is. If you think that a brand that sells without commercials and beats all, is the most succesful commercially, I am sorry for our disagrement, because thats not what I was going at. My fault for not clearing it up for you.

Yes, M&M is the most succesfull but not the most succesfull rapper commercially. Like he barely did anything for recovery, you feel me yet? Even tho I don't personally think em, or anyone else is GOAT, being the most succesfull rapper in sales and popularity vice yet is something that can't be taken from marshal.

If you still disagree, then I think we won't agree about this ever at all lol. And I wish I were high right now. But I can't be Im in the middle of my exams week.
                          Last edited by Nethurrr; 05-26-2011, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X