X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official Tha Carter IV Discussion Thread

Originally posted by KnockMeOut View Post
    6Yeah people vote him as the best ever because they are the most stannish fans of all time, people who dont listen to any other rappers are fans of Eminem. Hes the only white rapper of that status so all the white dudes who dont really like hip hop love him. Dont try saying im racist or nothing im half white. Generally people who listen to Eminem dont like any other rappers, they are just stans.

But stop talking about Eminem wtf.

C4.....
    racist... lol... but i agree.. im Native American/white

i like both... so im not going to diss Eminem... him & Wayne are my 2 favorite rappers

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy FabZ Baby View Post
      My two favorite rappers are Lil Wayne and Eminem. I think Eminem and Wayne are too different, but Eminem is more constant on quality songs, whereas Wayne put out a lot of songs and most of them are normal or bad. But that's not the fact, both are fire, they are the best rappers at the moment for me. But what make Eminem the best rapper right now for the majority is that he really tells stories, his life, in an awesome and different way. Whereas Lil Wayne he's crazy, has mad punchline, funny lines, and sometimes meanfull songs, but they are on top for different reason. And what make Eminem great is the most commercial thing about a "real rapper", I mean, telling stories. Plus, the fact that he's white keeps his originality, no matter what he does. I personally think the only comun point between the two are the fact that they are funny, and they have awesome worldplay and punclines, managed in a charismatic way. After that, they are too different to compare them.
      I personaly thinks that if Wayne would have continue rap after CIII, without making Rebirth and all that shit, he would be recognized as a charismatic rap legend. But now, with Rebirth, and all the 2009-2010 era when he put himself at the back to let shine Drake and Nicki, he has to show he still the beast,the martian. I say this cause I think that "being real" is an important thing in hiphop,and for the majority a little thing can broke that, like experimenting a rock album. So the fact that guys like Em or Jay Z didn't made anything but rap, kept them in hiphop recognized like "real" and that helped them to keep good sales.
      Good post!And yeah Rebirth was a bullshit.
      Eminem said that Weezy saved the Hip-Hop 2008 with CIII.And it's true.But Rebirth=Bullshit!

Comment

Originally posted by Weezy FabZ Baby View Post
        I personaly thinks that if Wayne would have continue rap after CIII, without making Rebirth and all that shit, he would be recognized as a charismatic rap legend. But now, with Rebirth, and all the 2009-2010 era when he put himself at the back to let shine Drake and Nicki, he has to show he still the beast,the martian. I say this cause I think that "being real" is an important thing in hiphop,and for the majority a little thing can broke that, like experimenting a rock album. So the fact that guys like Em or Jay Z didn't made anything but rap, kept them in hiphop recognized like "real" and that helped them to keep good sales.
        I completely disagree, completely. to say that wayne won't be looked at as a "charismatic rap legend" because of an experimental rock album is ludicrous. Okay, Em didn't do it and Jay didn't necessarily do it, just mixed his old verses with Linkin Park songs/beats, but does that mean they are how'd you say it, ""real"", oh and even you put it in quotes like i did. how ironic? anyway, wayne did rebirth cuz he could, and he knew it wouldn't hurt him enough to regret doing it for his fans who said, "hey, why the fuck not" and actually do generally like the album overall. yeah not the best album from him, wasn't supposed to be, but when he goes down in history, he'll be known for his creativity and especially his range of creativity. i think thats the most "respect" an artist can get, to be told by peers/fans/haters that you've gotten to the point that even you can go out of your comfort zone to give us new shit, and yeah maybe mainstream fans/media wont like it, but guess what? we'll still respect you and give you your dues.

Comment

6Yeah people vote him as the best ever because they are the most stannish fans of all time, people who dont listen to any other rappers are fans of Eminem. Hes the only white rapper of that status so all the white dudes who dont really like hip hop love him. Dont try saying im racist or nothing im half white. Generally people who listen to Eminem dont like any other rappers, they are just stans.

C4.....
          "Always had a black tool,even when i was at school 'cuz bullies aren't bulletproof..."

Comment

C4.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cli-City View Post
              Wayne doesn't seem like that type of artist......to make a christmas song.....I wish he was though...Haha.....I just can't wait to see what C4 does.....none of us know.....

*Oh yea Eminem is more popular than lil wayne* thats not an opinion...look at Youtube Views, Facebook Friends, Twitter Friends.....When Em released his worst album it sold 600k.....his fans supports financially too....Wayne has fans that don't buy his shit and those fans don't count when we talking about popular...
              Youtube views, facebook fans, twitter friends don't mean shit. When C4 does over 600K you'll see how much that means. Hell Drake and Kanye sold close to Em's first week and they have way less facebook fans and twitter followers and youtube views.

Also the comment about wayne's fans not being able to financially support him, uncalled for. But anyway!

I wonder if they're done shooting for 6'7 video...nothing leaks from wayne's camp these days lol

What comes easy, won't Last. What Lasts won't come easy.

Comment

OKAY ALL OF YOU NEW PEOPLE, STOP TALKIN ABOUT EMINEM. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

I really hope Wayne has a variety of music, hardcore rap, club rap, R&B, etc on CIV

Comment

Originally posted by twiggz561 View Post

I really hope Wayne has a variety of music, hardcore rap, club rap, R&B, etc on CIV
                  Yes, no more Eminem talk in this thread unless we find out he's gonna be on the album.

"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off"
                  http://spontaneousoverflow.com/wordpress/?p=1673

Comment

Originally posted by twiggz561 View Post

Same here bro, 2 or 3 R&B tracks would be awesome for C4.

I'm fuckin' stoked for this album.

Comment

All i said was i wanted an Eminem feature

But yeah a couple R&B songs would be pretty sweet. Especially if they placed them a song before Wayne goes absolutely ham on.

Comment

If Wayne doesn't have Breezy on this album I ain't gonna buy it.

Jk, jk.

Comment

I can see Wayne doing like a soft auto-tuned chorus, then just go HARD AS FUCK (no homo) with his raspy voice and shit with three verses.

Comment

Working...
                          X