Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The album gives me more mixtape vibes than album vibes tbh. I dont like the same fast rapping spazzing same flow on almost half the songs, it gets really old fast. But hes rapping fire shit, just dont like this form of delivery hes using on the album. But fuck it, theres about 12 pretty good songs on the album

Comment

• Originally posted by He hate Me View Post
      are you smoking mint
      Did my question struck a nerve on you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizzle View Post
        Did my question struck a nerve on you?

Comment

• My thoughts after 3 full listens and some skipping around:

Funeral - 8.9/10 - Great production, and Wayne is rapping crazy. They go to funerals that they caused. It's exciting.
          Mahogany - 8.7/10 - More great production. More crazy rapping. Wayne has a lot of Mahogany things.
          Mama Mia - 8.4/10 - The beat is crazy, but can be tough to listen to. The rapping has been consistently consistent.
          I Do It - 8.6/10 - Features and beat give nothing to complain about. Wayne continues some great flows and sound effects.
          Dreams - 8.1/10 - Pop/singing Wayne isn't my favorite style, but this is a cool track about nightmares of being broke, a fool with no mansion or pool.
          Stop Playin With Me - 8.7/10 - Another great beat with that (Triggaman?) in the distant background. "It aint nothin to the goat with the roar of a lion
          Clap For Em - 7.6/10 - More New Orleans classic samples. A good verse is thrown in at the end, but other than that it's just an a attempt for a club anthem.
          Bing James - 7.8/10 - Another beat that is tough to listen to. The verses didn't grab my attention like other tracks. 24 seconds of silence is a nice thought.
          Not Me - 8.2/10 - More good verses. The beat doesn't grab me like other tracks. Hook doesn't hook me.
          Trust Nobody - 8.3/10 - I like the verses, but I'm not a fan of Adam Lavine. I would probably like it a lot better with someone else on the chorus.
          Know You Know - 7.9/10 - This is what I would expect on Collegrove II. We don't need it. It's cool enough.
          Wild Dogs - 8.1/10 - It's a banger. Repetitive, but more good verses.
          Harden - 9.1/10 - On my first listen it sounded like the CIII DIO2 leak era, and it is as close as Wayne has made to that. I believe Streetrunner produced this. We need a full project with him and Wayne.
          I Don't Sleep - 8.4/10 - Reminds me of D6 Reloaded Beep Beep. I can jam to this.
          Sights and Silencers - * - I don't like slow singing Wayne or whoever the ft is unless it's a deep 'life story' (Lil Girl Eyes) type of track. 3.3/10
          Ball Hard - 7.9/10 - No story or deep meaning. I'll count this as a good banger. I'm sure 'Black Momba' was recorded months ago.
          Bastard - 9.3/10 - Great production. Get's into "introspective Wayne". More great rapping and I always appreciate a chorus that isn't a full repeat every time.
          Get Outta My Head - 8.6/10 - I love everything going through Waynes head that can't get TF out.
          Piano Trap - 9.2/10 - More great production. Beat switch is a major boost. Nothing to complain about with the rapping.
          Line Em Up - 8.4/10 - Nothing wrong with the rapping, but it is an obvious attempt at the A Milli, 6ft7, Holy, type of track. Not a bad one, but it feels too familiar.
          Darkside - 8.1/10 - Another album version of the very good D6 Reloaded style.
          Nevermind - 7.7/10 - I said earlier that I'm not a big fan of singing/crooning Wayne. Good old love track.
          T.O - 8.7/10 - This might be the best 'banger'. It doesn't have any deep content, but it is entertaining.
          Waynes World - 8.8/10 - I heard people say that this doesn't feel like an outro, but I like it a lot. The vibe is similar to Never Really Mattered to me.

Total AVG - 196.8/240= 8.2/10

Comment

• Originally posted by bhawks24 View Post
            My thoughts after 3 full listens and some skipping around:

Funeral - 8.9/10 - Great production, and Wayne is rapping crazy. They go to funerals that they caused. It's exciting.
            Mahogany - 8.7/10 - More great production. More crazy rapping. Wayne has a lot of Mahogany things.
            Mama Mia - 8.4/10 - The beat is crazy, but can be tough to listen to. The rapping has been consistently consistent.
            I Do It - 8.6/10 - Features and beat give nothing to complain about. Wayne continues some great flows and sound effects.
            Dreams - 8.1/10 - Pop/singing Wayne isn't my favorite style, but this is a cool track about nightmares of being broke, a fool with no mansion or pool.
            Stop Playin With Me - 8.7/10 - Another great beat with that (Triggaman?) in the distant background. "It aint nothin to the goat with the roar of a lion
            Clap For Em - 7.6/10 - More New Orleans classic samples. A good verse is thrown in at the end, but other than that it's just an a attempt for a club anthem.
            Bing James - 7.8/10 - Another beat that is tough to listen to. The verses didn't grab my attention like other tracks. 24 seconds of silence is a nice thought.
            Not Me - 8.2/10 - More good verses. The beat doesn't grab me like other tracks. Hook doesn't hook me.
            Trust Nobody - 8.3/10 - I like the verses, but I'm not a fan of Adam Lavine. I would probably like it a lot better with someone else on the chorus.
            Know You Know - 7.9/10 - This is what I would expect on Collegrove II. We don't need it. It's cool enough.
            Wild Dogs - 8.1/10 - It's a banger. Repetitive, but more good verses.
            Harden - 9.1/10 - On my first listen it sounded like the CIII DIO2 leak era, and it is as close as Wayne has made to that. I believe Streetrunner produced this. We need a full project with him and Wayne.
            I Don't Sleep - 8.4/10 - Reminds me of D6 Reloaded Beep Beep. I can jam to this.
            Sights and Silencers - * - I don't like slow singing Wayne or whoever the ft is unless it's a deep 'life story' (Lil Girl Eyes) type of track. 3.3/10
            Ball Hard - 7.9/10 - No story or deep meaning. I'll count this as a good banger. I'm sure 'Black Momba' was recorded months ago.
            Bastard - 9.3/10 - Great production. Get's into "introspective Wayne". More great rapping and I always appreciate a chorus that isn't a full repeat every time.
            Get Outta My Head - 8.6/10 - I love everything going through Waynes head that can't get TF out.
            Piano Trap - 9.2/10 - More great production. Beat switch is a major boost. Nothing to complain about with the rapping.
            Line Em Up - 8.4/10 - Nothing wrong with the rapping, but it is an obvious attempt at the A Milli, 6ft7, Holy, type of track. Not a bad one, but it feels too familiar.
            Darkside - 8.1/10 - Another album version of the very good D6 Reloaded style.
            Nevermind - 7.7/10 - I said earlier that I'm not a big fan of singing/crooning Wayne. Good old love track.
            T.O - 8.7/10 - This might be the best 'banger'. It doesn't have any deep content, but it is entertaining.
            Waynes World - 8.8/10 - I heard people say that this doesn't feel like an outro, but I like it a lot. The vibe is similar to Never Really Mattered to me.

Total AVG - 196.8/240= 8.2/10
            Lol this is funny because Sights and Silencers is probably my favorite song along with Mama Mia. Wayne's vocals are beautiful on that. I can't comprehend that someone would hate it.

Comment

• I explained my point! We like different styles. We can both probably agree that this is better than Sights & Silencers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxrszdTBQ0Q

Comment

• Originally posted by bhawks24 View Post
                I explained my point! We like different styles. We can both probably agree that this is better than Sights & Silencers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxrszdTBQ0Q
                Great song but I prefer Sounds and Silencers.

I actually love how nobody can agree what their favorite songs are lol

Comment

Do y�all like this better then c5 and fwa?
                  for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by He hate Me View Post
                  are you smoking mint
                  stop being a clown

Comment

• These all seem like new songs.
                    So I wonder what happened with the remaining 3+ albums he said he recorded a while back lol

Comment

Do y’all like this better then c5 and fwa?
                      Nope =/

Comment

• I like this album, but come on CV was on another level. Musically you can argue cause this is more modern and maybe more cohesive but in term of flows, rap, concepts, meaning behind the tracks..

Comment

• this albums hard

Comment

Working...
                          X