Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OFFICIAL] THE FUNERAL (Appreciation/Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrukDaWurl77 View Post
    you missed my point. if you search lil wayne autotune on twitter, it just shows everyone tweeting with those words in their tweet. its not old heads at all, its literally all random people/general public. this "new style" of wayne is not hitting and its so obvious but everyone is completely oblivious & refuses to admit when wayne is starting to sound bad. no ceilings was not full of autotune are you serious dude lmao it was on EVER so slightly in like 4 songs. the way he uses it now is so intense you cant even understand him half the time & that's not a good look. & what are you talking about biggest hit of all autotunechi... what does that even mean.
    Lollipop

Comment

• What’s you guys top 5 on here? A lot of songs grew on me then when first day the album dropped

Comment

• 1.Harden
        2.Waynes World
        3.Stop Playin with me
        4.Piano Trap
        5.Bastard
        6.Dark Side
        7.I Do It
        8.Ball Hard
        9. I Dont Sleep
        10. Clap For Em
        My top 10 in rotation rn....this changes day to day also. Everyday I got a different song stuck in my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly it’s hard because Mahogany, Know You Know, Wild Dogs they all are in there too. I legit love every song on this album besides the one with XXXtentacion. Idk how people think this shit is wack, Album is so damn amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by vintageweezyf View Post
          Idk how people think this shit is wack, Album is so damn amazing.
          this...

and my top 5 is

mahogany
          wild ones
          piano trap
          harden
          waynes world

- - - Updated - - -

then

bastard
          stop playin wit me
          mama mia
          and funeral

Comment

• The only reason people are shitting on this album a bit is because of the hooks.
            Because the verses and beats are amazing (or atleast good).
            But alot of the hooks are not memorable.

Waynes hook game use to be on point but as time goes on he slipping into that style where the hook just sounds like a verse (or apart of a verse) and it loses its power a bit.
            Hooks traditionally do just that "hook" so without a good hook alot of people dont get that instant attraction to a track (unless they fan bois like alot of us who just appreciate new wayne)

But id be lying if I didnt think most of my fav songs have amazing hooks.

I love the album but itll take years for me to appreciate it as much as the old stuff.

Comment

• In no order my top 5 are
              Mama mia
              Clap for em
              Wild Dogs
              Ball Hard
              Piano Trap

Comment

• Originally posted by Wizzle View Post
                What’s you guys top 5 on here? A lot of songs grew on me then when first day the album dropped
                Mahogany
                Ball Hard
                Mama Mia
                I do it
                Wild dogs

Comment

• Originally posted by martian master View Post
                  im not questioning his influence
                  im questioning his current influence
                  waynes first solo studi was 1999 - same as Em - theyve been able to compete for years so why cant they now
                  actual sales / streams he still gets paid. And the lower numbers mean hes gettung paid less
                  they arent good numbers for someone of waynes level

quality of music is subjective and can be debated. Obviously theres alot of love here since its a wayne forum but it is not a repersentation of what the public thinks. The general public feels mixed about this album and the numbers are showing it will probably be forgotten by the public in a few weeks. Sad to see someone who controlled the mainstream fall to that
                  I'll say it again, Waynes music DOES NOT appeal to everyone! Eminem and Kanyes music does(i am not saying is better). + Wayne is a drug addict with 1 milion tattoos, of course he is not appealing to the masses.

Comment

• Next wayne album/project needs to have a solid set of features that appeals to the masses & can bring in new listeners.

DaBaby
                    Drake
                    Doja Cat
                    Meg The Stallion
                    Roddy Rich
                    Kendrick Lamar
                    Kanye
                    Future

Features like that will bring in potentially new listeners & boost album sales.
                    I�m not complaining about the sales of this album cause I know wayne prolly doesn�t give a f about this project, but if his features look like that it�ll really boost streams

Comment

• Originally posted by vintageweezyf View Post
                      1.Harden
                      2.Waynes World
                      3.Stop Playin with me
                      4.Piano Trap
                      5.Bastard
                      6.Dark Side
                      7.I Do It
                      8.Ball Hard
                      9. I Dont Sleep
                      10. Clap For Em
                      My top 10 in rotation rn....this changes day to day also. Everyday I got a different song stuck in my head.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly it�s hard because Mahogany, Know You Know, Wild Dogs they all are in there too. I legit love every song on this album besides the one with XXXtentacion. Idk how people think this shit is wack, Album is so damn amazing.
                      Yeah. I love this album 2. I had a few songs in my head in 1 day. Lol. I know a lot of people hate it but I love when Wayne goes back to his roots and does that Bounce shit. Plus the bass on that song is hard. Wild Dogs is 1 of my favorites.
                      They can do all they can do but they cant break unbreakable. They scared to face the truth cause they hate the view.

Follow me on twitter.
                      https://www.twitter.com/CrazyWeezyFan
                      Check out my Weezy series Weezy Mania and other episodes on my podcast Hip Hop In the After Hours.
                      https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...533468893?uo=4

Comment

• Listened to the album on shuffle omw to uni this morning and i think i only skipped two songs.
                        idk, feel like the order of the tracks is a bit annoying. Most of the wack songs / fillers are in the second half of the album so it can get quite annoying to listen to meanwhile i really don‘t mind them in a different order.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhoya101 View Post
                          this...

and my top 5 is

mahogany
                          wild ones
                          piano trap
                          harden
                          waynes world

- - - Updated - - -

then

bastard
                          stop playin wit me
                          mama mia
                          and funeral
                          it's Wild Dogs not Wild Ones

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by freakjasp View Post
                          Listened to the album on shuffle omw to uni this morning and i think i only skipped two songs.
                          idk, feel like the order of the tracks is a bit annoying. Most of the wack songs / fillers are in the second half of the album so it can get quite annoying to listen to meanwhile i really don‘t mind them in a different order.
                          Well, this is Mack Maine's order

Comment

Working...
                          X