• Originally posted by FREDO SiNATRA View Post
          no such thing
          damn alright
          what program do you use to record and mixdown your tracks

Comment

• Originally posted by martian master View Post
            damn alright
            what program do you use to record and mixdown your tracks
            i use mixcraft. very basic and easy but i have some enternal dll/effects i have collected that help me

what i meant by no tutorial is there is no set way to mix/master a song. you will learn whats best for u, what works best with the mic/equipment u have, what works best for certain songs, etc.

the main things u should read up on are EQ and compression.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

• Thanks alot for this

Comment

Thanks alot for this
                are u mastering stuff ur recording or for someone else?

Comment

are u mastering stuff ur recording or for someone else?
                  nah one of my friends, he recently started singing and asked me and another dude to help him with mixing and shit

Comment

nah one of my friends, he recently started singing and asked me and another dude to help him with mixing and shit
                    well make sure he knows how to properly record. distance from mic. if the mic is usb make sure it goes in the strongest usb port. pop filter is needed. make sure he knows how to make sure his vocals dont clip. make sure he records at a good volume

all those things make the mastering easier. oh also, make sure he has a decent mic. without a decent mic he will sound like shit with or without mastering

Comment

well make sure he knows how to properly record. distance from mic. if the mic is usb make sure it goes in the strongest usb port. pop filter is needed. make sure he knows how to make sure his vocals dont clip. make sure he records at a good volume
                      all those things make the mastering easier. oh also, make sure he has a decent mic. without a decent mic he will sound like shit with or without mastering
                      alright we got a usb mic and the distance from the mic is about right. we got a pop filter though, we got it for pretty cheap but it seems to do the job. need to make sure the vocals don't clip though didn't even think about that, thanks alot for all your help bro!

Comment

alright we got a usb mic and the distance from the mic is about right. we got a pop filter though, we got it for pretty cheap but it seems to do the job. need to make sure the vocals don't clip though didn't even think about that, thanks alot for all your help bro!
                        yeah any pop filter works lol just test on recording with the mic/pop filter at different distances to find the right set up. and with clipping, u just dont want the bar going into red really. a lil is fine, but a lot will make the vocals distorted.

Comment

does anyone have a tutorial on how to mix

here's a playlist of more of his videos on mixing
                          http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFC57D274A1E94943
                          .................... ....................

Comment

Working...
                          X