Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MENTION=35175]WeezYIsCraaazY[/MENTION] i know your the Kubrick enthusiast here what is your favorite film of his?

The Shining is an absolute masterpiece i can watch that film 1000 times and find something new every time

Comment

• [MENTION=29841]ABjerg[/MENTION] was better than the first as stated. Still the same old kinda stuff. But just cool to see them kick ass and blow shit up. I was really laughing on the Chuck Norris bits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
        @ABjerg was better than the first as stated. Still the same old kinda stuff. But just cool to see them kick ass and blow shit up. I was really laughing on the Chuck Norris bits.
        I heard a lot of people was laughing at Norris lolol

But yeah, I don't expect that much, but hopefully the editing in the action scenes is better and it ain't too klich�.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
          I heard a lot of people was laughing at Norris lolol

But yeah, I don't expect that much, but hopefully the editing in the action scenes is better and it ain't too klich�.
          LOOL! Well the action is still unrealistic like shooting one clip and taking out about 30 men lool!! But it is what it is! Tbh I wish JCVD had more screen time, although he was lead villian, he didn't come into it until some way through and even then he didn't have loads of parts and I really liked him as a Villian. Was pretty good tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
            LOOL! Well the action is still unrealistic like shooting one clip and taking out about 30 men lool!! But it is what it is! Tbh I wish JCVD had more screen time, although he was lead villian, he didn't come into it until some way through and even then he didn't have loads of parts and I really liked him as a Villian. Was pretty good tbh.
            How was the editing tho? I don't know if you remember but it sucked in the first. Too fast cuts and it was messy and shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
              How was the editing tho? I don't know if you remember but it sucked in the first. Too fast cuts and it was messy and shit.
              Hmm I'd have to see it again, I'm not sure it was as bad as that, I wasn't really paying attention to how fast they cut scenes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proof View Post
                @WeezYIsCraaazY i know your the Kubrick enthusiast here what is your favorite film of his?

The Shining is an absolute masterpiece i can watch that film 1000 times and find something new every time
                I pretty much love every Kubrick film (bar Eyes Wide Shut) that came out after The Killing.

My favorite is Dr. Strangelove. If not that, 2001: A Space Odyssey. If not that, A Clockwork Orange.

The Shining is up there, though. Such an effective horror; it is one of the more scary ones, yet the only real horrific scenes are skipped over in less than a second. :L

Read this:
                30 Great Behind-The-Scenes Photos | The Shining (1980) | Empire | www.empireonline.com
                Pretty nice of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                  I pretty much love every Kubrick film (bar Eyes Wide Shut) that came out after The Killing.

My favorite is Dr. Strangelove. If not that, 2001: A Space Odyssey. If not that, A Clockwork Orange.

The Shining is up there, though. Such an effective horror; it is one of the more scary ones, yet the only real horrific scenes are skipped over in less than a second. :L

Read this:
                  30 Great Behind-The-Scenes Photos | The Shining (1980) | Empire | www.empireonline.com
                  Pretty nice of him.
                  not a fan of the Tom Cruise film eh? some ppl say its a glimpse into Kubrick's own questionable sexuality

Comment

not a fan of the Tom Cruise film eh? some ppl say its a glimpse into Kubrick's own questionable sexuality
                    Nah, it's a good film - but not compared to his other films.

The Killing is also a very good film. It directly inspired Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction:
                    The Killing (1956) - IMDb

Do you have a fav. director?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                      Nah, it's a good film - but not compared to his other films.

The Killing is also a very good film. It directly inspired Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction:
                      The Killing (1956) - IMDb

Do you have a fav. director?
                      i love the classic greats like Scorsese, Kubrick and Allen

but my current fav would probably have to be David Fincher

Zodiac, Fight Club, Panic Room >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

i love the classic greats like Scorsese, Kubrick and Allen

but my current fav would probably have to be David Fincher

Zodiac, Fight Club, Panic Room >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                        Yeah, Scorsese is another favorite of mine. Him, Kubrick, Coppola and Welles are the untouchables in my eyes. And Hitchcock, of course. :L

I like Fincher too. The Social Network is his best film in my opinion.

Comment

• anyone picking up that Hunger Games DVD saturday

seriously though

Comment

Working...
                          X