This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
    Well, I do. Superbad is amazing, Pineapple Express is awesome (which is defianly a stoner flick)! But the American humor in this is just too damn heavy. Over-filled with sex-jokes that fall to the ground so hard. And overall just really silly. It's almost Scary Movie 5 type of humor and I did not expect that from such talented guys.
    I posted my a longer review with my points on IMDb, I'll link it when it's accepted so you can understand why I disliked it.
    NO WAY! Scary Movie 5 was ridiculous... I turned it off after 10 minutes. OK man thanks, look forward to reading it, no spoilers I hope, if so I'll wait till I watch it.

Also watched Dead Poets Society last week. Good movie, I like Robin Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
      NO WAY! Scary Movie 5 was ridiculous... I turned it off after 10 minutes. OK man thanks, look forward to reading it, no spoilers I hope, if so I'll wait till I watch it.

Also watched Dead Poets Society last week. Good movie, I like Robin Williams.
      I'm not comparing it to Scary Movie 5 of course, but just wanted to make my point on the silly humor and explicit sex talk.
      Movie does have a few laugh-out-loud moments though. But yeah I'll post that review soon with no spoilers, I never do that.

Btw I love Robin Williams too! But only saw the first 15 minutes of that movie and then felt like watching something else lol.

- - - Updated - - -
      [MENTION=62093]Kuzz[/MENTION] here's the full review, just click the spoiler (no, there isn't a spoiler in the review hah. Unless you count it as a spoiler if I say "they talk about mastrubation in the movie" but I would say it isn't)

here:
      SPOILERTHIS IS THE END REVIEW

First off, I'm not just someone who is negative for the sake of negativity. My review is not based purely on my personal view on this, but also the movies content and overall comedic effect from a neutral point of view.

'This Is the End' has a lot of great potential to be comedy of the year. The cast and the overall idea for the movie are screaming 'success' at your face! But you should never leave a big bag of money in the hands of two silly and "stupid" first-time directors. Granted, they're good script- writers and generally have track of what's funny and what is not - but the question is whether they can control the fun? NO is the answer, unfortunately.

I will admit that it started out good and I thought that if it just continues to build it from there it can only be good. I was, however, horribly wrong.

The film is crowded with stupid overly silly over-the-top sexually explicit scenes, which also run longer than what I thought was ever possible in a movie. There is several over-long almost boring scenes where adults talk about semen, masturbation and rape in very immature ways. Things which are not even funny at the first sentence, is driven out to a three or five minute long scene. How do people find this funny? Well, Americans will hate me for this and probably stop reading after this, but 'typical stupid sex-filled American humor' is what it is.

The film did have its highs but most defiantly also its lows. I laughed a lot about four or five times but that was it. The idea was great though but unfortunately not executed well at all.

I eagerly await the British competitor, 'The World's End', which will defiantly (or at least hopefully) be a lot funnier than this mess.

4/10

Comment

I'm not comparing it to Scary Movie 5 of course, but just wanted to make my point on the silly humor and explicit sex talk.
        Movie does have a few laugh-out-loud moments though. But yeah I'll post that review soon with no spoilers, I never do that.

Btw I love Robin Williams too! But only saw the first 15 minutes of that movie and then felt like watching something else lol.

- - - Updated - - -
        @Kuzz here's the full review, just click the spoiler (no, there isn't a spoiler in the review hah. Unless you count it as a spoiler if I say "they talk about mastrubation in the movie" but I would say it isn't)

here:
        SPOILERTHIS IS THE END REVIEW

First off, I'm not just someone who is negative for the sake of negativity. My review is not based purely on my personal view on this, but also the movies content and overall comedic effect from a neutral point of view.

'This Is the End' has a lot of great potential to be comedy of the year. The cast and the overall idea for the movie are screaming 'success' at your face! But you should never leave a big bag of money in the hands of two silly and "stupid" first-time directors. Granted, they're good script- writers and generally have track of what's funny and what is not - but the question is whether they can control the fun? NO is the answer, unfortunately.

I will admit that it started out good and I thought that if it just continues to build it from there it can only be good. I was, however, horribly wrong.

The film is crowded with stupid overly silly over-the-top sexually explicit scenes, which also run longer than what I thought was ever possible in a movie. There is several over-long almost boring scenes where adults talk about semen, masturbation and rape in very immature ways. Things which are not even funny at the first sentence, is driven out to a three or five minute long scene. How do people find this funny? Well, Americans will hate me for this and probably stop reading after this, but 'typical stupid sex-filled American humor' is what it is.

The film did have its highs but most defiantly also its lows. I laughed a lot about four or five times but that was it. The idea was great though but unfortunately not executed well at all.

I eagerly await the British competitor, 'The World's End', which will defiantly (or at least hopefully) be a lot funnier than this mess.

4/10
        Ima just get stoned and watch that motherfucker. It won't fail to please then

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
          Ima just get stoned and watch that motherfucker. It won't fail to please then
          If you are high as fuck it could very well be comedy of the year.

But I mean, if you have to get high for a movie to be funny, it's a bad movie. I laughed out loud at Pineapple Express even though it's a smoker movie -and I wasn't high.

Comment

• watched Man Of Steel and daaaaaaaym Morpheus let himself gooo yo

wasn't sure if thats him or not at first, haven't seen him on a movie in a long time tbh
            Originally posted by Shake
            Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• The Conjuring today.

Comment

The Conjuring today.
                scarier than insidious?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                  scarier than insidious?
                  Most defiantly.

It's also a beautiful horror movie. Very very well done. 8-9/10

Comment

• Misery. Great Stephen King adaption. Very exciting!

Slumdog Millionaire. I prefer City of God, which is less Hollywood-ish, but this is still great.

Premium Rush. Enjoyable different chase movie.

Comment

Most defiantly.

good cast.

Horror needs that desperately atm.

Comment

• Can't wait for Dumb And Dumber To.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny M View Post
                          Can't wait for Dumb And Dumber To.

Saw this the other day and snapchatted it to my mates!... We love watching this when high

Even funnier they both look exactly the same

Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
                          Most defiantly.

Glad you liked it man, I hoped you would. Best modern horror I've seen since like ever....

Insidious 2 is also good btw man, better than the first I thought.

Badly wanna see Prisoners, it's out tomorrow, meant to be an amazing Drama/Thriller.

Comment

Working...
                          X