This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post
    ya exactly, thats the main reason brian cranston joined the movie actually ( @YMCMB357 ), he said he really liked the direction the movie was going, it wasnt meant to be some big cgi shit show with godzilla just fucking shit up the entire movie, its a balance between him and a story of how people are affected by it, and what they would do in this kind of situation if it actually happened, the director is the guy who directed the movie 'monsters' if thats any indication as to the approach he has with this movie, but yes i have extremely high hopes for this movie
    Jep it all sounds good. But well, last time I trusted a teaser trailer was with Man of Steel. It looked so dark and filled with great story and cinematography. Then the 2:30+ minutes of an awful CGI mess was released and my hopes were shot down. Then I watched it and could barely get through it. And I don't understand why it turned out like that, cause Snyder's last superhero movie was the unique and dark take on Watchmen with some of the best cinematography ever for a superhero movie. But I pray that this keeps it real. Especially after what Mr. White said about the movie.

Comment

• Okay, I just finished The Hobbit 2 and here's my thoughts.

What you would all like to know is probably 'Is it better than Part 1'? And the answer is Yes, to a certain degree. It didn't take much to beat the first one, and this had more action and it felt bigger, but the dialogue scenes are still weak, unfortunately... Unlike LOTR the dialogue scenes in this one were never that exciting, only a few places it felt well written. This is the only place I will mention LOTR cause I generally view the hobbit movies as their own.

One of my biggest problems with the movie is the added changes that wasn't in the book. You all remember the CGI'd ugly and boring white orc from the first movie? Well this time, they replaced him with a new and just as boring white orc. It felt misplaced, as did the other added stuff and changes, like stupid romances between characters, and children humor (not as much as the first though, it's a minor complain).

Peter Jackson once again seems anonymous with his directing throughout, except the barrel scene and a few bits of the dragon scene.

And I still dislike the whole feel of these movies, they seem fake and aimed at 7 year olds. Although the book is more 'light', it's still grittier than the movies are. I might sound harsh here, but you can take it as personal complain - If you liked the feel of the first one then not to worry.

So to make it short: slightly better than the first, but still not that good imo. 5-6/10 - and that's an upgrade to the first which is like a 4-5/10 imo.

And I'm gonna see this again in 2D soon, so that might change my mind. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SEE IT IN 2D! It's the only right thing to do if you wanna enjoy the movie.
      Last edited by ProBitaz.; 12-11-2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
        Okay, I just finished The Hobbit and here's my thoughts.

What you would all like to know is probably 'Is it better than Part 1'? And the answer is Yes, to a certain degree. It didn't take much to beat the first one, and this had more action and it felt bigger, but the dialogue scenes are still weak. Unlike LOTR the dialogue scenes were never that exciting, only a few places it felt well written.
        One of my biggest problems with the movie is the added changes that wasn't in the book. You all remember the CGI'd ugly and boring white orc from the first movie. Well this time, they replaced him with a new and just as boring white orc. It felt misplaced, as did the other added stuff and changes, like stupid romances between characters and children humor (not as much as the first though).

Jackson once again seems anonymous with his directing throughout, except the barrel scene and a few bits of the dragon scene.

And I still dislike the whole feel of these movies, they seem fake and aimed at 7 year olds. Although the book is more 'light', it's still grittier than the movies are.

So to make it short: slightly better than the first, but still not that good imo. 5-6/10
        Damn

When I saw the hobbit I was hyped, granted it's not on par with the LOTR triologies but it's still very good.. I'd personally give it a sold 7.5/8 out of 10 IMO. The new one coming out later this month also looks decent tbf. But each to their own, that's the point of these threads/discussions, right?
        Last edited by Wisheezy; 12-11-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
          Damn

Harsh review IMO. LOTR is one of the best movies franchises of all time, thrilling, exicting, just a great watch IMO! So when I saw the hobbit I was hyped, granted it's not on par with the LOTR triologies but it's still very good.. I'd personally give it a sold 7.5/8 out of 10 IMO. The new one coming out later this month also looks decent tbf. But each to their own, that's the point of these threads/discussions, right?
          Of course. I'm sure many will enjoy this one, and also prefer it over the first.

Maybe it could sneak up on a 7 with a second watch (doubt it tho), but so far there's more wrong than there's right imo.
          Last edited by ProBitaz.; 12-11-2013, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Okay, I just finished The Hobbit 2 and here's my thoughts.

What you would all like to know is probably 'Is it better than Part 1'? And the answer is Yes, to a certain degree. It didn't take much to beat the first one, and this had more action and it felt bigger, but the dialogue scenes are still weak, unfortunately... Unlike LOTR the dialogue scenes in this one were never that exciting, only a few places it felt well written. This is the only place I will mention LOTR cause I generally view the hobbit movies as their own.

One of my biggest problems with the movie is the added changes that wasn't in the book. You all remember the CGI'd ugly and boring white orc from the first movie? Well this time, they replaced him with a new and just as boring white orc. It felt misplaced, as did the other added stuff and changes, like stupid romances between characters, and children humor (not as much as the first though, it's a minor complain).

Peter Jackson once again seems anonymous with his directing throughout, except the barrel scene and a few bits of the dragon scene.

And I still dislike the whole feel of these movies, they seem fake and aimed at 7 year olds. Although the book is more 'light', it's still grittier than the movies are. I might sound harsh here, but you can take it as personal complain - If you liked the feel of the first one then not to worry.

So to make it short: slightly better than the first, but still not that good imo. 5-6/10 - and that's an upgrade to the first which is like a 4-5/10 imo.

And I'm gonna see this again in 2D soon, so that might change my mind. BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SEE IT IN 2D! It's the only right thing to do if you wanna enjoy the movie.
            Shame to hear you say that, but I like the first one anyway so no doubt will enjoy seeing this next one that comes out Friday. I'm defo going to see it in 2D only special movies like Gravity get seen in 3D. Anything else is a no no.

I signed up to Netflix last night for a free month because I was getting bored of trying to think of movies to watch so thought I'd browse through their library to see anything I've not seen.

So far watched

Memoirs of a Geisha (Wicked film - so beautiful)

Reign of Fire (let down for Bale tbh - remember seeing this advertised everywhere when I was young, wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be).

Was about to watch The Wicker Man but apparently it's absolutely shocking! Like terrible... Can you cofirm [MENTION=29841]ProBitaz.[/MENTION] if you have seen it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
              Shame to hear you say that, but I like the first one anyway so no doubt will enjoy seeing this next one that comes out Friday. I'm defo going to see it in 2D only special movies like Gravity get seen in 3D. Anything else is a no no.

I signed up to Netflix last night for a free month because I was getting bored of trying to think of movies to watch so thought I'd browse through their library to see anything I've not seen.

So far watched

Memoirs of a Geisha (Wicked film - so beautiful)

Reign of Fire (let down for Bale tbh - remember seeing this advertised everywhere when I was young, wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be).

Was about to watch The Wicker Man but apparently it's absolutely shocking! Like terrible... Can you cofirm @ProBitaz. if you have seen it?
              If you can watch Hobbit 2 for the visuals and not anything else, you'll enjoy it a lot. If you also look on the story and dialogue, you'll be greatly disappointed. Also, it drags. I wish they did only two movies as planned.

And no I have not seen The Wicker Man, if we talking the one with Nic Cage. BUT it's a freaking must watch, although I haven't seen it. I would recommend seeing it for the sake of entertainment. It's a modern classic and if you wanna laugh you ass off watch it (that's what my friends say at least. One of those so bad it's good movies).

Comment

If you can watch Hobbit 2 for the visuals and not anything else, you'll enjoy it a lot. If you also look on the story and dialogue, you'll be greatly disappointed. Also, it drags. I wish they did only two movies as planned.

And no I have not seen The Wicker Man, if we talking the one with Nic Cage. BUT it's a freaking must watch, although I haven't seen it. I would recommend seeing it for the sake of entertainment. It's a modern classic and if you wanna laugh you ass off watch it (that's what my friends say at least. One of those so bad it's good movies).
                Hmm interesting... May check it out then I did turn it off after 5 minutes because of how bad I saw it was reviewed. Just watching Drag me to Hell atm.

Comment

• Watched Watchmen for the 1,5 time a while ago.

The film is a bit too messy, has a tad too many flaws, and is way too long. But although it drags I still admire what Zack Snyder did with this particular graphic novel. It has some of the most beautiful cinematography, art direction, lighting and colors and use of period music that I have ever seen.

Unfortunately it feels like an experiment, more than an actual success. That doesn't change my opinion on the first scene though, followed by one of the best opening credit scenes ever. Movie is still like a 5-6/10, but there are certain parts I freaking love.

I could seriously sit down and watch the opening fight scene again and again, together with that beautiful opening credits scene.

This is art.

SPOILERhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOKXk64G03g
                  Last edited by ProBitaz.; 12-14-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Watched Watchmen for the 1,5 time a while ago.

The film is a bit too messy, has a tad too many flaws, and is way too long. But although it drags I still admire what Zack Snyder did with this particular graphic novel. It has some of the most beautiful cinematography, art direction, lighting and colors and use of period music that I have ever seen.

Unfortunately it feels like an experiment, more than an actual success. That doesn't change my opinion on the first scene though, followed by one of the best opening credit scenes ever. Movie is still like a 5-6/10, but there are certain parts I freaking love.

I could seriously sit down and watch the opening fight scene again and again, together with that beautiful opening credits scene.

This is art.

SPOILERwatchmen intro music - YouTube
                    WOAT movie
                    Know Yourself

Comment

• mannn, 2014 is going to be awesome for movie watchers....there are alot of good films coming out

Comment

• Originally posted by JayBabyyy View Post
                        WOAT movie
                        Yes that's also what I said when I first saw it back in '09... I would give it a 1/10, it was so fucking bad.

Then I watched it again, and as I said the movie feels like a failed experiment made into an overly long film. BUT there is scenes to maintain and shots to admire throughout. And if you can't see the beautiful thing about the fight scene I posted, or admire the originality of the opening credits, then your opinion is invalid.

Comment

Yes that's also what I said when I first saw it back in '09... I would give it a 1/10, it was so fucking bad.

Then I watched it again, and as I said the movie feels like a failed experiment made into an overly long film. BUT there is scenes to maintain and shots to admire throughout. And if you can't see the beautiful thing about the fight scene I posted, or admire the originality of the opening credits, then your opinion is invalid.
                          Lol its just so fucking boring overall
                          Know Yourself

Comment

Working...
                          X