This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
    I was watching some of the bonus features on my Hitchcock boxset. I knew he had a great impact on cinema, but he pretty much is American cinema
    I also love the fact that Hitch pretty much founded a lot of the 'everyday cinema' and techniques in moviemaking. It's so cool.

Comment

• What is everyone's top movies of 2013 ?

Mine is going to have to be Gravity =)

Comment

• Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
        What is everyone's top movies of 2013 ?

Damn, I really wanted to see it in the cinema in 3D but dont had time when it was in my city.
        Next year my list will prob change cuz im gonna watch all the other good movies when they realese on DVD, but for now: FF6, Hangover 3, Pacific Rim, Hobit: Desolation of Smaug, Pain and Gain and White House down.

Comment

What is everyone's top movies of 2013 ?

Probably gonna do a Top 10 soon... (and perhaps a Top 10 worst)

As it is now I can't pick a movie for #1. - And there's still a few movies I HAVE to watch until I will/can make my list though.
          Last edited by ProBitaz.; 12-24-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezySVK View Post
            Damn, I really wanted to see it in the cinema in 3D but dont had time when it was in my city.
            Next year my list will prob change cuz im gonna watch all the other good movies when they realese on DVD, but for now: FF6, Hangover 3, Pacific Rim, Hobit: Desolation of Smaug, Pain and Gain and White House down.
            I think a DVD rip of it will be out in January for you =)

Comment

I think a DVD rip of it will be out in January for you =)
              Yes, but everybody says that the movie is alot better in the cinema and 3D, but hopefully the DVD version will be still good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezySVK View Post
                Yes, but everybody says that the movie is alot better in the cinema and 3D, but hopefully the DVD version will be still good.
                The 3D is only a bonus for the movie imo. You can easily watch it with no 3D, as it is the cinematography and sound that makes it amazing. The ONLY important thing is to watch a HD copy on a decent tv, and with great surround all the way up. Then you should be good, but of course the cinemas would be the #1 way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                  I'm really excited to see The Wolf of Wall Street now.

Richard Brody (of the New Yorker) named in film of the year, which is good because I usually agree with his opinions. Peter Travers (of Rolling Stone) named it the third best film of the year, behind 12 Years a Slave and Gravity.

And I just found out it's 179 minutes (3 hours) long, and it's an 18 (highest rating in the UK), so it doesn't sound like it's going to be one of those studio-controlled movies. It sounds like Scorsese had a good amount of creative control, which usually leads to a good movie.
                  Been excited for this movie..
                  Originally posted by Shake
                  Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• The Rescuers. Very underrated Disney film. I rate this very high, probably mosltly cause of nostalgia. But it's still a good film imo.

Fruitvale Station. Damn, right in the feels man. This hit me like a brick. Not a flawless movie, but I don't think a movie ever did what this did. Usually a movie gets under my skin and I start to really feel the movie and slowly it gets to me. But this one man, it just hit in the blink of an eye. I think the true story did a lot for me, but still... Very good film this one. 7-8/10

Comment

• why is there no good movies out?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                        why is there no good movies out?
                        Cinema bout to go crazy son. 12 Year Slave, Wolf of Wall Street, Mandela, Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
                        The Rescuers. Very underrated Disney film. I rate this very high, probably mosltly cause of nostalgia. But it's still a good film imo.

Fruitvale Station. Damn, right in the feels man. This hit me like a brick. Not a flawless movie, but I don't think a movie ever did what this did. Usually a movie gets under my skin and I start to really feel the movie and slowly it gets to me. But this one man, it just hit in the blink of an eye. I think the true story did a lot for me, but still... Very good film this one. 7-8/10
                        Yeah loved this movie. Hit me hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeEeEeEzZzZyYy View Post
                          why is there no good movies out?
                          Plenty.

Those Kuzz mentioned, and American Hustle.

Melancholia.

Wow, a Trier-movie I actually "enjoyed" (as much as it is possible to enjoy a depression/depressed movie), and surprisigly no graphic sex and toture in this.

8/10
                          Last edited by ProBitaz.; 12-27-2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X