X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bushido95 View Post
    Saw The Amazing Spiderman yesterday...
    It was amazing, much better than that og movie with that hoe ass faggot Toby...
    I'm pretty sure that an complete re-tell of a film made 10 years ago cannot be called amazing...

So it had a few fight sequences and good effects, wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
      I'm pretty sure that an complete re-tell of a film made 10 years ago cannot be called amazing...

So it had a few fight sequences and good effects, wow.
      I fuckin hate the other Spiderman movies cuz Tobey Maguire sucks ass

Comment

• Originally posted by bushido95 View Post
        I fuckin hate the other Spiderman movies cuz Tobey Maguire sucks ass
        That doesn't mean this one was amazing, though. It might be better (to you), but I can't see any reason as to why you think this is amazing.

Comment

That doesn't mean this one was amazing, though. It might be better (to you), but I can't see any reason as to why you think this is amazing.
          The Amazing Spider-Man ... duhh?

Nah, I can't wait to see it so I can judge these niggas... I want to give my two cents, but don't feel like paying for it. ya digg

Comment

• Got around to watching Raging Bull yet? [MENTION=29841]ABjerg[/MENTION]?

Comment

Got around to watching Raging Bull yet? [MENTION=29841]ABjerg[/MENTION]?
              Not yet bruh. But I can garantee that I've watched it within a month.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                Not yet bruh. But I can garantee that I've watched it within a month.
                Goody. I hope you like it, though; I think you said you were disappointed with Taxi Driver, right?

Comment

Goody. I hope you like it, though; I think you said you were disappointed with Taxi Driver, right?
                  Well, a little yes. Great acting and great ending and some great pieces, but it was too long and slow imo. And it didn't caught my interest that much.

Comment

Well, a little yes. Great acting and great ending and some great pieces, but it was too long and slow imo. And it didn't caught my interest that much.
                    Ahh, fair enough. My dad felt the exact same way.

Why am I reading Scorsese/Kubrick comparisons? The two are different in almost every way of film making (except their emphasis on shots and editing.)

Comment

Ahh, fair enough. My dad felt the exact same way.
                      Yeah, but as I've said before, if I lived by the time it came out, I would've loved it. It would've been unique, different and so on. But now, it's just... Outdated. Not really bringing anything new to the table if you watch it for the first time in 2012.
                      But hey, I wanna know why do you love it? I would like to hear that actually. What makes this a great film to you. And don't say "it changed filmmaking / it was original" cause that shit is outdated. What makes this a great film for someone who watch it for the first time in the modern days.
                      Last edited by ProBitaz.; 07-09-2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah, but as I've said before, if I lived by the time it came out, I would've loved it. It would've been unique, different and so on. But now, it's just... Outdated. Not really bringing anything new to the table if you watch it for the first time in 2012.
                        But hey, I wanna know why do you love it? I would like to hear that actually. What makes this a great film to you. And don't say "it changed filmmaking / it was original" cause that shit is outdated. What makes this a great film for someone who watch it for the first time in the modern days.
                        I love it so much because it changed film making, and its originality, oh its originality.

I could list a whole host of things that it does better than today's movies...

-The lengthiness of the film's shots; that is something I really appreciate in films, and probably the contributing factors as to why I do not enjoy most of today's movies.
                        -De Niro's performance; he lived that role, and there's no debating that he was great.
                        -It looks through the yes of one character, just like Chinatown did.
                        -The ambiguity of the ending; not sure if you picked up on it, but it's sobbing that the end cab scene could just be Travis' dying dream.
                        -The score; another thing I particularly look out for when watching movies.
                        -Camera work and editing; the grittiness of the film.
                        -Overall, just something completely different to the usual movie.

Comment

I love it so much because it changed film making, and its originality, oh its originality.

I could list a whole host of things that it does better than today's movies...

-De Niro's performance; he lived that role, and there's no debating that he was great.
                          -The score; another thing I particularly look out for when watching movies.
                          -Camera work and editing; the grittiness of the film.

Thank you. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way, I just wanted to know what you saw in it. And tbh, I do agree with some of you points (kept em in the quote).
                          But imo, it was 1 hour greatness and 1 hour experimental moviemaking. That doesn't make a good movie in my head unless the experiments turns out to work. And in this, some did, some didn't. But still, it is a decent film. 6-7/10 and I'm def watching again. Cause in my book. You can't just a movie before seeing it twice. Most of the times you will change your opinion (either way).

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

American Gangster - 7/10

Comment

Working...
                          X