7. Death Proof

how it go for you?
    1. Pulp Fiction
    2. Inglourious Basterds
    3. Jackie Brown
    4. Django Unchained
    5. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
    6. Kill Bill: Vol. 2/Death Proof

Guessing you didn't like Jackie Brown that much?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
      1. Pulp Fiction
      2. Inglourious Basterds
      3. Jackie Brown
      4. Django Unchained
      5. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
      6. Kill Bill: Vol. 2/Death Proof

Guessing you didn't like Jackie Brown that much?
      You need to watch Kill Bill Vol. 2 again bruh... What the hell it doing on the same place as Death Proof!? I hated KBv2 at first, then watched it again and loved it!

I gotta watch Jackie Brown again someday too... I just watched it tho so it'll be a while. I was just bored outta my ass first time around.

Comment

Nice. It's a great film. Reservoir is also good, but nothing compared to Pulp.

Inglourious Basterds is QT's second best, imo.
        Watched that last month, didn't realize he made it lol.

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post

That first dialogue scene at the cafe about tipping the bartender. So random yet so entertaining! Classic Tarantino. Dunno if it was those 15 mins you saw some of?
        Erm can't remember lol, was 2 years ago, but i just remembered the film as I was on Quentin's IMDB's page and saw it on the "know for part"

didn't even know he made kill bill either lol, I'm going to watch them 2 after I watch reservoir dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklyn View Post
          [WSHH]wshhy1Q2444NK2D6k838[/WSHH]

gotta see this
          LMAO! Kevin Harts maaaan
          Originally posted by Shake
          Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
            You need to watch Kill Bill Vol. 2 again bruh... What the hell it doing on the same place as Death Proof!? I hated KBv2 at first, then watched it again and loved it!

I gotta watch Jackie Brown again someday too... I just watched it tho so it'll be a while. I was just bored outta my ass first time around.

I don't know, the KB films were just way too grindhouse for my liking. Django felt a little too indulgent at times, also.

I will have to watch it again, though.

What about your Kubrick and Scorsese picks. What films would you rank where?

Comment

• Warm Bodies was a very good film, just a bit too short. I really liked the ending.
              Mama was kinda weird but I liked it too. Not that scary tho.
              Diego Unchained was just an excellent movie!

Comment

I don't know, the KB films were just way too grindhouse for my liking. Django felt a little too indulgent at times, also.

I will have to watch it again, though.

What about your Kubrick and Scorsese picks. What films would you rank where?
                Never been a fan of Kubrick... Scorsese is a great director, dunno if I could rank his movies right now tbh, I still need to watch 2-3 important films of his first, before I rank anything.

And btw, the thing about Kill Bill being grindhouse, I see what you mean. But Vol. 2 is completely different. Vol. 1 is one huge blood splatter and I can understand why some don't like that. But Vol. 2 focuses more on the story (especially back-story), the build-up to meet Bill, and the cinematography is great in it! Vol. 1 & 2 is actually two completely different types of movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Just got L�on on blu-ray. That's a must-own.

My movie collection if anyone cares: http://oc.mymovies.dk/ABjerg

Comment

• Been catching up lately...

Argo - great suspense thriller, and beautiful directional work by Affleck. Acting was great, and my man John Goodman had a fine role! it could've been cut down a bit, I'm only talking about 15-20 minutes and it would've been even more exciting! It is not flawless either, but damn sure a great thriller! 8/10

Scarface - Yep, finally got to see it for the first time. Pacino is freaking awesome! And I love all the iconic scenes (chainsaw, girl pick-up, shoot-out etc). A bit long, and I felt like Pacino stole the show and didn't really let the other actors get a chance - on the other hand, most of em seemed like mediocre actors, so I dunno if I would've want em to shine anyways... I was not blown away by the film, but I defiantly enjoyed it and I will have to watch it again sometime. A re-watch often makes you appreciate the film more. But for now, 7/10.

Started watching The Birds the other day, didn't finish it though, so I won't judge anything just yet.

The Master is up next. Gotta see a couple of these Oscar nominees so I can have an opinion when the winner is announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                    Scarface - Yep, finally got to see it for the first time. Pacino is freaking awesome! And I love all the iconic scenes (chainsaw, girl pick-up, shoot-out etc). A bit long, and I felt like Pacino stole the show and didn't really let the other actors get a chance - on the other hand, most of em seemed like mediocre actors, so I dunno if I would've want em to shine anyways... I was not blown away by the film, but I defiantly enjoyed it and I will have to watch it again sometime. A re-watch often makes you appreciate the film more. But for now, 7/10.
                    [MENTION=63499]Late122[/MENTION]

Comment

• Don't watch Django while being high. It's weird.

Comment

• Watched "That's My Boy"

Comment

• Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post

But I'm sure you got "monsters in your closet" too when it comes to movies.

Comment

Working...
                          X