Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yall seen this movie called Jumper, bruh. If you like sci fi and action type movies. Check it out. It's old though.

Comment

• Finally watched Don Jon and I fuckin loved it!

Comment

• Wolf of Wall Street isn't as good as the book but yet entertaining.

Comment

• Saving Mr. Banks.

What a disappointment. The last 40-30 minutesis what 'saved' the movie, and Emma Thompson as Ms Travers. Not even Hanks could do much here, I actually think he was a let-down in this. Why couldn't the movie have been more like the scene where Hanks and Thompson discuss the right of mary poppins in London. That was great, well written and interesting. But most of the movie felt like a poor atempt tbh. 4-5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so this is my Top 10 Best Movies list of 2013:

1. The Hunt (Jagten)
          2. Before Midnight
          3. The Place Beyond the Pines
          4. The World’s End
          5. Mud
          6. Gravity
          7. Fruitvale Station
          8. Prisoners
          The Spectacular Now
          10. 42

Honerable mentions: The Conjuring, Insidious 2, Captain Philips, The Great Beauty, Redemption (Hummingbird), Disconnect

- And movies like 12 Years a Slave, Her, American Hustle, Wolf of Wall Street etc. etc. is movies I have yet to see... But I guess you can call them disqualified, since they haven't had premiere in Denmark yet.
          Last edited by ProBitaz.; 12-30-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
            Saving Mr. Banks.

What a disappointment. The last 40-30 minutesis what 'saved' the movie, and Emma Thompson as Ms Travers. Not even Hanks could do much here, I actually think he was a let-down in this. Why couldn't the movie have been more like the scene where Hanks and Thompson discuss the right of mary poppins in London. That was great, well written and interesting. But most of the movie felt like a poor atempt tbh. 4-5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so this is my Top 10 Best Movies list of 2013:

1. The Hunt (Jagten)
            2. Before Midnight
            3. The Place Beyond the Pines
            4. The World’s End
            5. Mud
            6. Gravity
            7. Fruitvale Station
            8. Prisoners
            The Spectacular Now
            10. 42

Honerable mentions: The Conjuring, Insidious 2, Captain Philips, The Great Beauty, Redemption (Hummingbird), Disconnect

- And movies like 12 Years a Slave, Her, American Hustle, Wolf of Wall Street etc. etc. is movies I have yet to see... But I guess you can call them disqualified, since they haven't had premiere in Denmark yet.
            gravity only number six?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
              gravity only number six?
              Honestly, I'd only have it at number five on my list (American Hustle, Computer Chess, To the Wonder and Blue is the Warmest Colour are all ahead of it in my opinion).

It's one of the most visually stunning films I've ever seen (right behind 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Master which I also saw on the big screen), but I felt the movie was more style than substance.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
                Honestly, I'd only have it at number five on my list (American Hustle, Computer Chess, To the Wonder and Blue is the Warmest Colour are all ahead of it in my opinion).

It's one of the most visually stunning films I've ever seen (right behind 2001: A Space Odyssey and The Master which I also saw on the big screen), but I felt the movie was more style than substance.
                ive only heard of American hustle.

imma watch that ASAP.

Comment

Jep. Like WIC said^^

How is Computer Chess and To the Wonder? Not the highest reviewed movies of 2013, but on one note I do love Malick. How is his "The New World" btw???

Comment

• Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
                    Jep. Like WIC said^^

How is Computer Chess and To the Wonder? Not the highest reviewed movies of 2013, but on one note I do love Malick. How is his "The New World" btw???
                    I've found myself falling away less and less from the critical consensus tbh. I used to find myself swayed with what the critics thought, but now I just seem to look at things differently

I think Computer Chess is a very funny and well thought-out film, although I do agree that it can feel a little pretentious. To the Wonder was hard to describe. It's like The Tree of Life in many ways, so I'm not sure why it's looked down upon much more than that film.

I haven't seen The New World yet. Maybe one day

Comment

I've found myself falling away less and less from the critical consensus tbh. I used to find myself swayed with what the critics thought, but now I just seem to look at things differently

I think Computer Chess is a very funny and well thought-out film, although I do agree that it can feel a little pretentious. To the Wonder was hard to describe. It's like The Tree of Life in many ways, so I'm not sure why it's looked down upon much more than that film.

I haven't seen The New World yet. Maybe one day
                      You did go crazy when 'Her' that metascore above 90, so you still counting a bit on em bruh.

Personally I use IMDb critic/user rating a lot, but it never holds me off from watching something that's not really that high. Above 7 is usually a good movie guarantee, but the gems are sometimes at 6 or something like that, so if I like the concept of the movie enough I will most likely watch it. I'm just a bit more skeptical.

Recently I watched Redemption with Statham, which turned out to be a hidden gem imo. And that's a 6.2 on IMDb and a 43/100 on metascore. So yeah I don't care, but usually you are good to go if you choose a movie above 7 on IMDb.

- - - Updated - - -

And what is a Top 10 Best, without a Top 10 Worst...

Here is my list of Top 10 Worst Movies watched in 2013:

1. Curse of Chucky
                      2. Pain & Gain
                      3. Red 2
                      4. A Good Day to Die Hard
                      5. The Lone Ranger
                      6. Only God Forgives
                      7. Oz the Great and Powerful
                      8. The Great Gatsby
                      9. This is the End
                      10. Man of Steel

Dishonerable mentions: Machete Kills, Evil Dead remake, Now You See Me, Mama

Comment

• need a funny movie lol

recommendations?

Comment

• Originally posted by A$AP YAMS View Post
                          need a funny movie lol

recommendations?
                          21 Jumpstreet, 50/50, Ghosttown =)

Comment

Working...
                          X