This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
    I was hoping you would say Inglorious Basterds, I loved that movie!

3:10 to Yuma sounds like a fine comparison. I'll see if I can follow you when I get to watch it myself. I'm so hyped for this movie, I'll try to keep my expectations low though. I don't want to ruin the movie cause of hype.
    I did the same and I definitely wasn't disappointed, probably my very favorite Tarantino movie and favorite movie of 2012 (even though i saw it in 2013..)
    The soundtrack for it is great

Comment

• Django Unchained is nothing like 3:10 Yuma, don't know why someone made that comparison. Watched Django and it's awesome in many ways, incredibly violent, disturbing at times, sharp, shocking, exactly a film you'd want and expect Tarantino to make. So you will definitely love this one if you love his other films. It has the fine dialogue we love from his films and more story than Inglourious Basterds. The characters are also way more interesting which makes the film surprising 'till the end. Don't get me wrong I like Inglourious Basterds, but Django is a more interesting ride. I would not compare Django with 3:10 Yuma in any way other than them having the same setting. You can only compare it with Tarantino's previous work: you love it or you hate it and up to a certain point you know what to expect.
      Tony told us this world was ours
      And the Bible told us every girl was sour
      Don't play in the garden and don't smell her flower
      Call me Mr. Carter or Mr. Lawn Mower

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhardws View Post
        Django Unchained is nothing like 3:10 Yuma, don't know why someone made that comparison. Watched Django and it's awesome in many ways, incredibly violent, disturbing at times, sharp, shocking, exactly a film you'd want and expect Tarantino to make. So you will definitely love this one if you love his other films. It has the fine dialogue we love from his films and more story than Inglourious Basterds. The characters are also way more interesting which makes the film surprising 'till the end. Don't get me wrong I like Inglourious Basterds, but Django is a more interesting ride. I would not compare Django with 3:10 Yuma in any way other than them having the same setting. You can only compare it with Tarantino's previous work: you love it or you hate it and up to a certain point you know what to expect.
        No shit...
        I already said why I made the comparison..learn to read

Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
        Can't wait to see it on the 16th!

If you had to compare it to one other Tarantino film and one non-Tarantino film, when it comes to similarity, which would they be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mnjaro View Post

holy fuck...
          Ewww that looks like a more disturbing/gory film than a good film =(

Comment

• Originally posted by YMCMB357 View Post
            Ewww that looks like a more disturbing/gory film than a good film =(
            Exactly.

I think it's going to suck. It's just going to float with vomit in the theatre lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Heartbreak Jake. View Post
              No shit...
              I already said why I made the comparison..learn to read
              "for some reason 3:10 to Yuma is the first movie that came to mind, so I'll say that lol"Great reason why, but okay. After that ABjerg picks it up as it sounding like a fine comparison. In my opinion it's a terrible comparison, that's why I commented. Not for you to point out I can't read

Saw Alive (1993) and The Impossible (2012), Liked the first one, the second one a lot less. Both had most of the action happening in the first 10/20 minutes. The Impossible has great effects and is very impressive, but is terrible written and acted, and unbelievably cheesy. Alive is a bit older but has great effects for its time, remembered it from as a kid and hear about it somewhere a few days ago so I looked it up. Film starts with a planecrash and then tells the story about a group of football players who try to survive in the mountains. Liked the story, I'd recommend anyone to watch it.

Comment

"for some reason 3:10 to Yuma is the first movie that came to mind, so I'll say that lol"Great reason why, but okay. After that ABjerg picks it up as it sounding like a fine comparison. In my opinion it's a terrible comparison, that's why I commented. Not for you to point out I can't read .
                Just give it up already smh.

Remember, I have not seen the movie. So of course I'm saying it sounds like a fine comparison since they're both westerns and I could maybe think some of the cinemography would be compareable. So relax, it was after all a tough question. Comparing a Tarantino movie to a movie which is not made by the man himself is actually a impossible task. Only Tarantino can make Tarantino-movies.

Comment

• Doesn't make it a good comparison all of a sudden, really. Oh, and I'm free to comment if someone points me out at something.

Comment

• Contagion was an aight... ill watch it again, i was on here while i watching it

Comment

Doesn't make it a good comparison all of a sudden, really. Oh, and I'm free to comment if someone points me out at something.
                      Did I say that it made a good comparison? No. As I said I wouldn't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                        I like how you just say 'right?' expecting I've watched it lol

But yeah I have.

I live down the road where they shot it

Comment

• Originally posted by DMC927 View Post

I live down the road where they shot it

Comment

Working...
                          X