This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
    I dunno. You said a number of films I suggested (Taxi Driver; Raging Bull, I believe) were slow. And if so, I thought Apocalypse would fall in with those films. :L
    Well, I bet if I watch Taxi Driver again today, I will probably like it more.

The more films I watch the more I start to appreciate other elements in them that I didn't before. And I actually did like Raging Bull bruh, I just didn't think it was the best ever, but it was still really good.

Comment

• The Pursuit of Happiness is still fucking amazing
      Originally posted by Shake
      Why so negative all the time???

Comment

• Mama.

This shit wasn't even a horror movie to me. It was more a film about a hearbroken mother that wants to find her child. It was pretty boring and couldn't really keep my attention.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Great movie! All there is to say!
        Last edited by ProBitaz.; 05-09-2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
          Mama.

This shit wasn't even a horror movie to me. It was more a film about a hearbroken mother that wants to find her child. It was pretty boring and couldn't really keep my attention.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

Great movie! All there is to say!
          Mama was one of the best horror movies this year tbh

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

• just saw the great gatsby

loved it

but the ending pissed me off

Comment

• Originally posted by JODY HiGHROLLER View Post
              Mama was one of the best horror movies this year tbh
              Possibly. There hasn't been much competition yet (besides Evil Dead) so I don't really know what that statement indicates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
                Possibly. There hasn't been much competition yet (besides Evil Dead) so I don't really know what that statement indicates.
                it's a 9/10 for me. The story was beautiful and extremely complex for a horror movie. The jump scares were well done, they don't get me anymore in other movies except PA. The atmosphere and general creepiness throughout the movie were gripping.

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

• Originally posted by JODY HiGHROLLER View Post
                  it's a 9/10 for me. The story was beautiful and extremely complex for a horror movie. The jump scares were well done, they don't get me anymore in other movies except PA. The atmosphere and general creepiness throughout the movie were gripping.
                  It's a 5/10 for me. I agree on the jump scares, but we got to know 'mama' way too early in the movie and they also showed way too much of her, which made her less creepy. The movies cinematography was made too bright and warm, and it was missing that 'scary atmosphere' for most of the movie. So as I said, I don't see it as a horror, but more like a thriller tbh. The movie wasn't straight bad, but quite forgettable for me.
                  Sinister and V/H/S is the most recent horror movies I've seen that delivered a good scare imo.

Comment

• Drive is still fucking genius

Comment

• The Crazies (2010).

What a pleasant surprise. Didn't really know what toexpect with this one. But luckily it turned out to be an inventive fresh entry to the "zombie"-apocalypse genre. Although still containing classic clich� horror elements, it actually brought a lot of new things to the genre, and it was scary, disturbing and quite suspenseful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaden View Post
                        just saw the great gatsby

loved it

but the ending pissed me off

You read the novel?

Comment

• Finally I got around seeing The Exorcist (well, 95 minutes of it cause it got a bit late).

The supposedly 'scariest movie of all time' I must say, is officially outdated. Not that it's a bad movie, but it's certainly not scary. I think it was rather comedic. The bed shaking scene and some of the exorcism scenes was either funny or just damn weird lol.
                          There was a few scenes though that was made pretty well but overall it was defiantly not scary at all and even though I understand the standards back then were different I can't believe how people actually found this so horrorfying. The Shining is a much better contestant tbh. It's only 7 years younger and I must say that is a 1000 times scarier than The Exorcist.

Finished the movie. The movie didn't really scare me. It had a few scenes that was somewhat creepy but overall it wasn't scary, actually more funny at times. But that's cause I've always had a problem with little girls getting deep voices and talk about sexual topics. That's hilarious imo. Well, to be honest I think this movie has become outdated. If you see this for the first time today, it probably won't scare you. Not a bad movie though I enjoyed it still.
                          Last edited by ProBitaz.; 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X