Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone seen new transformers? thoughts ?

Comment

• Watched 'Noah'.

Surprisingly not bad. I actually really enjoyed it, on a non-biblical but still kinda philosophical level. Defiantly Aronofsky's most mainstream movie but that isn't saying much lol. It was thankfully less mainstream than I originally thought and the action was great, the soundtrack fitting and the drama good but at times a little unstable - as was the story. It tried to capture way to much for its own good.

But still, as I said, a great surprise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
        anyone seen new transformers? thoughts ?
        I saw a midnight screening Friday night... Honestly, it's the same old shit as the others, same type of humour, same type of story line. Shit casting apart from Mark Wahlberg, WAY too long. It's nearly 3 hours long, ridiculous. I was looking forward to it ending tbh. Just good for graphics and explosions really.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
          Watched 'Noah'.

Surprisingly not bad. I actually really enjoyed it, on a non-biblical but still kinda philosophical level. Defiantly Aronofsky's most mainstream movie but that isn't saying much lol. It was thankfully less mainstream than I originally thought and the action was great, the soundtrack fitting and the drama good but at times a little unstable - as was the story. It tried to capture way to much for its own good.

i heard noah sucked so bad. it even has a bad imdb rating

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
            I saw a midnight screening Friday night... Honestly, it's the same old shit as the others, same type of humour, same type of story line. Shit casting apart from Mark Wahlberg, WAY too long. It's nearly 3 hours long, ridiculous. I was looking forward to it ending tbh. Just good for graphics and explosions really.
            hmmm...yeah I really like the graphics in it tbh makes it epic but I can completely see your point I just try to ignore it all. Makes it a better viewing for what it is I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucifer View Post
              i heard noah sucked so bad. it even has a bad imdb rating
              6,4 is far from a bad IMDb rating. - And it has a metascore of 68/100, and a 'fresh' 77% from critics on rotten tomatoes. It's mostly the regular audiences hating on it because the film wasn't what they expected and they couldn't think outside the box.

And yeah I heard it sucked major ass as well. But after watching it I realized the majority hating on it is narrow-minded, overly religious, butthurt individuals, who can't distinguish a fictional movie made for entertainment from a biblical tale.

The movie is not a documenting adaptation of a tale from the bible, but rather a freely interpreted imagination of a story that it is loosely based on - and if you can accept that then you're in for quite an entertaining and creative ride tbh. It's not amazing, it's no where near perfect, but the hate it is getting is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisheezy View Post
                hmmm...yeah I really like the graphics in it tbh makes it epic but I can completely see your point I just try to ignore it all. Makes it a better viewing for what it is I guess
                It was just way too long, I think I was tired anyway because I had just been working all day and then went to my other side job and worked till 11:30 and then headed straight to the cinema. But 2 hours 45 is long for a epic movie with outstanding acting, plot, everything, let alone a transformers. Still worth a watch, Primes a badass as usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
                  It was just way too long, I think I was tired anyway because I had just been working all day and then went to my other side job and worked till 11:30 and then headed straight to the cinema. But 2 hours 45 is long for a epic movie with outstanding acting, plot, everything, let alone a transformers. Still worth a watch, Primes a badass as usual.
                  Yeah man I personally love the franchise but thats only because I go into each movie knowing what to expect, it's never going to be a great story etc but the CGI and epicness of it is so good.

Comment

• the double.

that is probably the worst movie I ever saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
                      Watched 'Noah'.

Gonna give it a watch tonight.

Comment

• Watched Dallas Buyers Club yesterday..Dope moviee, very dope.. Fantastic story, amazing acting.

Comment

• this looks interesting

Comment

Working...
                          X