Wayne got weaaaak, yo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wayne got weaaaak, yo.

Wayne has a sober mind now, he knows what he's doing.

And Tha Carter IV will sell 750k-1 Million first week.

Comment

Originally posted by twiggz561 View Post

Yep, I agree!

Comment

so if he does a milli+ first week... the "poor economy" argument will be shit on again... for the 2nd album in a row. #C4

Comment

Not if it doesnt have a hit single. they cant even get the video for the first single out after it disappeared from the charts and lost all buzz. explain how do you expect it to sell that much? typical stan shit

Comment

Originally posted by Auberon420 View Post
            At one point in time (2006-2009) Wayne was the best rapper period lyrically, production wise, flow, and last but not least for the quality & quantity of material he would release. Tha Carter 2 was when wayne first started to meet his potential, Dedication 2 & Drought 3 were his potential exploding proving his wordplay was unlike any other before or after him. Carter 3 was proof that he could make a classic hit album. Hell, I even loved Dedication 3 with its very clever lyrics & before auto tune was extremely over done. IMO the last good work Wayne put out was No Ceilings.

Around 2009, Waynes voice started getting very high pitched for no reason. Listen to most of his songs now compared with 2007 era. I think his voice is unbearable sometimes now. His flow is the same in every single song now, no switchin it up all the time like he used to. His lyrics are much less inspired and much more simple. It really seems as if he's not even trying anymore. Take a listen to Drought 3 then take a listen to Im Not A Human Being. Which one is better? Obviously Drought 3.

Also we have the problem that now EVERYTHING wayne puts out is delayed to all hell. A few years ago he still delayed the shit out of his stuff but not to this point. We're lucky when we get a release date and when we do it doesnt drop till at least 6 months later. Take for example the 6 foot 7 video. supposed to drop a couple weeks ago & its still not out. the song lost all buzz now, i would be suprised if its still even on the charts. shits old. And it wasn't even that good to put out as the first single for carter 4 in the first place. If YMCMB cant get their shit out on time they lose buzz.

Most things Wayne has put out since No Ceilings have been weak as hell. As much as it kills me to say this (bc i used to be one of the biggest Wayne stans): Wayne fell off a couple years ago and he'll never be on the level he was. I barely even listen to him anymore and if I do its old shit. Im not anticipating shit anymore. Carter 4 will sell 450k (if it ever comes out), it wont come close to a milli. If Carter 4 doesnt sell well or have any hits Wayne will disappear from mainstream media and won't come back.

Just speaking my mind
            Only 1,000% correct. I brought up his high pitched voice a few weeks ago also. It's annoying. Same lyrics every song. "We in the building" "Life's a bitch" "I got my swag". Sick of it. Only disagreement with that is. I agree with you that he might disappear but he'll be back and who knows.

I could be wrong in agreeing with you. Maybe YM is planning this out really well holding back some hot songs to get Buzz for C4 but looking his work the past 2 years and 6 foot 7. It's history.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
            Originally posted by Kronnick View Post
            so if he does a milli+ first week... the "poor economy" argument will be shit on again... for the 2nd album in a row. #C4
            Em sold 750,000 first week and wasn't even his best work.
            Last edited by aliya89; 02-26-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aliya89 View Post
              Only 1,000% correct.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Em sold 750,000 first week and wasn't even his best work.

Wayne sold 1.05million first week, and wasnt even HIS best work......

thank you for allowing my 1,000 post to be this.

Comment

wayne only sold 1.05 because lollipop blew up so big. you think without a huge song like that it wouldve sold ANYWHERE near that much first week? no chance what so ever

Comment

Was talking about the economy and using that for reference these days. Em sold 1.76 mil first week so what?

Comment

Originally posted by aliya89 View Post
                    Em sold 1.76 mil first week so what?

so your just gonna leave it at "so what?"
                    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, TRY AGAIN

Comment

Shit, Weezy's style has changed. But I still think he's great at what he does. Aint nothing gonna change my mind... at least until C4 drops. dats when my opinion will really go down.

Comment

More like 400-500K tops. BET.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by THP850 View Post
                          More like 400-500K tops. BET.
                          how much

Comment

Working...
                          X