This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the discussion I started.

But JRNickz, I gotta disagree with your overall perception of "new school rap". I think of it like videos. Are the same type of movies and video effects still being used in videos as the 90's? No. Things evolve; but when I say evolve referring to rap I mean just style's changing. You can't expect something to say the same with the way the world around us is going. You think producers in the 90's could make all these crazy swag beats and shit? No and they weren't. Now you got crazy computers with endless options on making beats. The style just changed in all. Personally I would rather talk about weed then some real life shit. I don't really use rap as a tool to get things off my chest and don't like to really. I think music in general evolved. My mom listens to country music and the music they make now is nothing like the sound they had when I heard in as a kid. It's more pop sounding. Same with pop, way different with how the beats are and the use of autotune and whatnot. Music is all just different.

I really don't mind people who prefer old school music over new school stuff. But when they start acting like it's on some higher level, thats when its aggravating. Just 'cause some dude is telling a story about his life and the struggles; he's more talented then a "swag rapper" who is telling about his life and what he has achieved (Whether they be rapping about their money, cars, etc).

I actually wrote a verse about this topic a few weeks ago lol. Haven't recorded it yet tho.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

• Just enjoy the fucking music people!

Comment

• Originally posted by JAYRMe View Post
        Just enjoy the fucking music people!
        Thats not the point. People are obviously gunna enjoy different music. You can't tell someone to enjoy something they don't like rofl.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
          I like the discussion I started.

But JRNickz, I gotta disagree with your overall perception of "new school rap". I think of it like videos. Are the same type of movies and video effects still being used in videos as the 90's? No. Things evolve; but when I say evolve referring to rap I mean just style's changing. You can't expect something to say the same with the way the world around us is going. You think producers in the 90's could make all these crazy swag beats and shit? No and they weren't. Now you got crazy computers with endless options on making beats. The style just changed in all. Personally I would rather talk about weed then some real life shit. I don't really use rap as a tool to get things off my chest and don't like to really. I think music in general evolved. My mom listens to country music and the music they make now is nothing like the sound they had when I heard in as a kid. It's more pop sounding. Same with pop, way different with how the beats are and the use of autotune and whatnot. Music is all just different.

I really don't mind people who prefer old school music over new school stuff. But when they start acting like it's on some higher level, thats when its aggravating. Just 'cause some dude is telling a story about his life and the struggles; he's more talented then a "swag rapper" who is telling about his life and what he has achieved (Whether they be rapping about their money, cars, etc).

I actually wrote a verse about this topic a few weeks ago lol. Haven't recorded it yet tho.
          G Shit.
          twitter.com/basedpoyo

Comment

• Dope shit btw man. Liked this. Pretty dope song slowed down. 4/5.

Comment

Thats not the point. People are obviously gunna enjoy different music. You can't tell someone to enjoy something they don't like rofl.
              Exactly music is all subjective.
              twitter.com/basedpoyo

Comment

Exactly. Like the music you like and let others do the same.

Comment

Exactly. Like the music you like and let others do the same.
                  But this is a discussion forum and the discussion thread of this section, so I will discuss what ever I want lol.

Comment

But this is a discussion forum and the discussion thread of this section, so I will discuss what ever I want lol.
                    Im not even directing anything towards you im sayin in general bro lol

Comment

Im not even directing anything towards you im sayin in general bro lol
                      Yeah. But I'm trying to figure out why these "real rappers" are real spitters and "swag rappers" aren't? They put just as much work and heart into their music. I kinda feel like it's discrediting rappers like myself who would rather just rap about fun things like money, drugs, etc then personal topics. So I wanted some opinions on the whole topic.

Comment

Yeah. But I'm trying to figure out why these "real rappers" are real spitters and "swag rappers" aren't? They put just as much work and heart into their music. I kinda feel like it's discrediting rappers like myself who would rather just rap about fun things like money, drugs, etc then personal topics. So I wanted some opinions on the whole topic.
                        The way I see it alot of people who say they only listen to "real rappers" are partly biased and don't give "swag" rappers a chance because that's what everyone else listens too. I used to be same way but realized how stupid it was to ignore good music just because it didn't have a message behind. All music is different, some music inspires thinking, some music wants you to fuck a bitch, it all comes down to how open your mind is and whether on not you want to enjoy the music for what it is and not what it isn't.

Comment

The way I see it alot of people who say they only listen to "real rappers" are partly biased and don't give "swag" rappers a chance because that's what everyone else listens too. I used to be same way but realized how stupid it was to ignore good music just because it didn't have a message behind. All music is different, some music inspires thinking, some music wants you to fuck a bitch, it all comes down to how open your mind is and whether on not you want to enjoy the music for what it is and not what it isn't.
                          Yeah I see what you mean and don't really agree. Because some music just doesn't appeal to people. Can you say you listen to country or pop and enjoy the music for what it is and not what it isn't? But see I'm not even really concerned if the "real hip hop heads" don't genuinely like the "swag rappers"; it's when they call them "real rappers". Like am I not a real rapper? I just feel it's very discrediting. Definitely on a site where "swag" is the main music, and most of this section would fall into that "swag rappers" category.

Comment

Working...
                          X