This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
    I like the discussion I started.But JRNickz, I gotta disagree with your overall perception of "new school rap". I think of it like videos. Are the same type of movies and video effects still being used in videos as the 90's? No. Things evolve; but when I say evolve referring to rap I mean just style's changing. You can't expect something to say the same with the way the world around us is going. You think producers in the 90's could make all these crazy swag beats and shit? No and they weren't. Now you got crazy computers with endless options on making beats. The style just changed in all. Personally I would rather talk about weed then some real life shit. I don't really use rap as a tool to get things off my chest and don't like to really. I think music in general evolved. My mom listens to country music and the music they make now is nothing like the sound they had when I heard in as a kid. It's more pop sounding. Same with pop, way different with how the beats are and the use of autotune and whatnot. Music is all just different.I really don't mind people who prefer old school music over new school stuff. But when they start acting like it's on some higher level, thats when its aggravating. Just 'cause some dude is telling a story about his life and the struggles; he's more talented then a "swag rapper" who is telling about his life and what he has achieved (Whether they be rapping about their money, cars, etc).I actually wrote a verse about this topic a few weeks ago lol. Haven't recorded it yet tho.
    What I mean by that is from what I've heard emphasis on that what I've heard most of these swag rappers and futuristic spitters are the furthest thing from lyrical I've ever heard. I have no problem with the way they rap it's how they say things . I feel if rap is your hobby then u should find a way to cleverly word what ur saying and still include lyrical word play. Most swag rappers are on some cat n the hat doctor Seuss shit ya feel me. Minus a few exceptions that is.
    U should take up another hobby if u have nothing to say other then what's been said a million times already

Comment

• Originally posted by jrnickz View Post
      What I mean by that is from what I've heard emphasis on that what I've heard most of these swag rappers and futuristic spitters are the furthest thing from lyrical I've ever heard. I have no problem with the way they rap it's how they say things . I feel if rap is your hobby then u should find a way to cleverly word what ur saying and still include lyrical word play. Most swag rappers are on some cat n the hat doctor Seuss shit ya feel me. Minus a few exceptions that is.
      I mean the "swag rappers" I listen to and some on this site use great multies and vocabularies such as the "real rappers" you said you liked. I just don't get the discrediting.

protect dunston at all costs

Comment

• Originally posted by PrettyFlacko. View Post
        I mean the "swag rappers" I listen to and some on this site use great multies and vocabularies such as the "real rappers" you said you liked. I just don't get the discrediting.
        I just like originality I guess idk never really thought on the topic much. I jus hate rappers that rap like this guy cause he's hot and they wanna b hot like him. If he's hot let him do him and u find a way to do u n be hot without sounding like a carbon copy ya feel me.

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Perfect example torey lanes sick lyricist snagged outta his fucking mind and doesn't sound like anyone I've ever heard
        U should take up another hobby if u have nothing to say other then what's been said a million times already

Comment

• I'm gonna make a remix of
          BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR what happened to that boy?? BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I hate them thirsty bitches
          Cut them off like circumcision
          -Lil Wayne

Comment

• New J$ song http://www.soundcloud.com/jalilrusse...mg-hes-swaggin some swag ass sounds.

Comment

• 3 bitches wit me call me reggie miller, rollin up a white boy i think im mac miller
              Last edited by @Poyo_Kardashian; 04-08-2012, 05:14 PM.
              twitter.com/basedpoyo

Comment

• apparently the remake is out... who's game?

Kanye-West-Ft.-Big-Sean-Pusha-T-.-2-Chainz-Mercy-Instrumental.mp3

Comment

• Originally posted by mykill View Post
                  apparently the remake is out... who's game?

Kanye-West-Ft.-Big-Sean-Pusha-T-.-2-Chainz-Mercy-Instrumental.mp3
                  I'm sure you'd like to diversify a bit lol, but if there's no takers you know I'm in.

Comment

• i dont care. just giving ppl something to do on a Sunday night

Comment

• My playlist:
                      Immortal Technique
                      Chino XL
                      Cole
                      Jedi Mind Tricks.
                      The borders should be illegal instead of the people, who were here before the bible and all of its sequels

Comment

• Originally posted by TupacShaquer View Post
                        My playlist:
                        Immortal Technique
                        Chino XL
                        Cole
                        Jedi Mind Tricks.
                        that's an A+ list right derr

Comment

• Remake instrumentals are wack.

Comment