Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @WeezYIsCraaazY - received the two digipacks today. Decided to take a look at the transfers. Elephant Man was great looking and the sound was amazing. Le M�pris was as expected I think. Picture wasn't good, but I can live with it. A dull look and a few imperfections. The sound however was pretty awful tho.
    Btw, did you watch the movie in french or english. I always watch in original language but I was just wondering what you did?

Here they are btw:
    SPOILER

Comment

• Originally posted by ProBitaz. View Post
      @WeezYIsCraaazY - received the two digipacks today. Decided to take a look at the transfers. Elephant Man was great looking and the sound was amazing. Le M�pris was as expected I think. Picture wasn't good, but I can live with it. A dull look and a few imperfections. The sound however was pretty awful tho.
      Btw, did you watch the movie in french or english. I always watch in original language but I was just wondering what you did?

Here they are btw:
      SPOILER

I always watch foreign films in the original language, so yes, I watched Le Mepris in French.

Shame about the sound, I know, but I personally thinks it gives the film a certain uniqueness.

Also, and as with Godard's other films, he throws in a lot of weird language tricks (English people in the film interpreting French wrong, and vice versa) to throw you off.

Need to buy The Elephant Man tbh.
      Last edited by WeezYIsCraaazY; 10-17-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Still haven't watched The Elephant Man

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
          I always watch foreign films in the original language, so yes, I watched Le Mepris in French.

Shame about the sound, I know, but I personally thinks it gives the film a certain uniqueness.

Also, and as with Godard's other films, he throws in a lot of weird language tricks (English people in the film interpreting French wrong, and vice versa) to throw you off.

Need to buy The Elephant Man tbh.
          Yeah I noticed that lol.

And yeah as I said haven't watched it yet, but Elephant Man looks really good. The intro is classic Lynch tho, haha. I hope it isn't too Lynch-ish, he's kinda weird lol. Don't know if you saw my short opinion on Mulholland Drive.

Comment

Yeah I noticed that lol.

And yeah as I said haven't watched it yet, but Elephant Man looks really good. The intro is classic Lynch tho, haha. I hope it isn't too Lynch-ish, he's kinda weird lol. Don't know if you saw my short opinion on Mulholland Drive.

I didn't. What did you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
              I didn't. What did you think?
              I think it was beautiful in places, but very experimental and "far out". It didn't really have a story, and it was bit all over the place.
              I remember I wrote "It's one of those films which could be rated 10/10 or 0/10" and I think that sums up the movie quite well. It depends on what you look for in a movie. But honestly, it's the first movie ever I don't feel like rating, cause I simply can't do it. So far I gave it a 5/10 because that's right in the middle. I have no idea what to think of this movie other than it was... Interesting. I mean it did have my full attention throughout and I didn't feel like turning it off, but in the end I couldn't make up my mind about it. Did I just watch pure brilliance or pure garbage? I hope you follow lol

Comment

I think it was beautiful in places, but very experimental and "far out". It didn't really have a story, and it was bit all over the place.
                I remember I wrote "It's one of those films which could be rated 10/10 or 0/10" and I think that sums up the movie quite well. It depends on what you look for in a movie. But honestly, it's the first movie ever I don't feel like rating, cause I simply can't do it. So far I gave it a 5/10 because that's right in the middle. I have no idea what to think of this movie other than it was... Interesting. I mean it did have my full attention throughout and I didn't feel like turning it off, but in the end I couldn't make up my mind about it. Did I just watch pure brilliance or pure garbage? I hope you follow lol
                I think the best way of describing it is a film that makes you think.

Even if you didn't like the film per say, you are still trying to figure it out. It's like Kubrick's or PTA's films; they leave you with questions at the end that you need to really think about.

Comment

• Hmmmmmmm whatever... Delete this post
                  Last edited by ProBitaz.; 10-17-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• [MENTION=50178]CHiEF SOSA DE NiRO[/MENTION] any dope new movie you seen lately?

I ain't got Dunston on my shoulder, got Dunston in the backseat

Comment

• [MENTION=29841]ProBitaz.[/MENTION] my cousin told me silence of the lambs was apart of a trilogy, have you seen the others?? do you know the names and are they any good?

''They say they want the drugs to stop but imma major setback when my album drop''

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
                        @ProBitaz. my cousin told me silence of the lambs was apart of a trilogy, have you seen the others?? do you know the names and are they any good?
                        yep i have
                        you got one of them telling the story of how hanbibal become like he did
                        one of them catching that insect freak
                        and one of them were they use hannibal for help while he is locked up but then he escapes

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezyFan View Post
                          @ProBitaz. my cousin told me silence of the lambs was apart of a trilogy, have you seen the others?? do you know the names and are they any good?
                          i think i've seen four of them altogether

Originally posted by back on my bullish*t View Post
                          yep i have
                          you got one of them telling the story of how hanbibal become like he did
                          one of them catching that insect freak
                          and one of them were they use hannibal for help while he is locked up but then he escapes
                          what about that film were the guy has the dragon tattooed on him

and he kills people by cutting out their eyes?

Comment

Working...
                          X