Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently watching 'Apocalypse Now' and damn. I have to watch this again for the story and dialogue cause I can't stop being so god damn amazed with the cinematography, art direction and everything and everyone that made this movie look like it does.
    I might actually go as far and call it the most beautiful movie ever made. I'm not only talking the images themselves, but also the way Coppola directed it. Also the action sequences and all that are really intense because of the way Coppola chose to handle each shot.

I still got about 40 minutes of top notch material left. Fuck yeah.

DONE... - near perfect movie. In my book you have to watch movies like this at least two times to enjoy everything.
    There was 1 scene I very much dislike and that took me completely out of the movie, and that is the buffalo/cow killing scene. That animal is killed on-screen for real. Ritual or not it doesn't belong on the movie screen for our entertainment, and not in a picture that good. Shame.

btw, thanx [MENTION=35175]WeezYIsCraaazY[/MENTION] for convincing me to watch it asap! haha
    Last edited by ProBitaz.; 05-08-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
      Currently watching 'Apocalypse Now' and damn. I have to watch this again for the story and dialogue cause I can't stop being so god damn amazed with the cinematography, art direction and everything and everyone that made this movie look like it does.
      I might actually go as far and call it the most beautiful movie ever made. I'm not only talking the images themselves, but also the way Coppola directed it. Also the action sequences and all that are really intense because of the way Coppola chose to handle each shot.

I still got about 40 minutes of top notch material left. Fuck yeah.

DONE... - near perfect movie. In my book you have to watch movies like this at least two times to enjoy everything.
      There was 1 scene I very much dislike and that took me completely out of the movie, and that is the buffalo/cow killing scene. That animal is killed on-screen for real. Ritual or not it doesn't belong on the movie screen for our entertainment, and not in a picture that good. Shame.

btw, thanx @WeezYIsCraaazY for convincing me to watch it asap! haha

No problem. One thing I'd like to add is, I don't think the film was made in the thought that it was an all-out entertainment fest.

It serves a sort of documentary on Vietnam, and that's what it was like. Not only that, but the film is sort of a manifestation of the ideas that war is mad. You must admit that scene was MAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
        No problem. One thing I'd like to add is, I don't think the film was made in the thought that it was an all-out entertainment fest.

It serves a sort of documentary on Vietnam, and that's what it was like. Not only that, but the film is sort of a manifestation of the ideas that war is mad. You must admit that scene was MAD.
        I could defiantly see that. I still think that scene was unneeded even to accomplish what they wanted to. I mean, if they made a serial-killer movie and killed of a real person just to show that serial-killers are fucked up, that just ain't right to put on the moviescreen tbh (just throwing out a wild example of course).

And the last 30 minutes or so was focusing much more on the story and the dept of war and Vietnam (and especially the madness). And I'm not saying that it's just made for entertaining like a fucking Michael Bay movie lol, but I don't know man, I just thought it was a well-crafted scene after another. Beautiful use of light and color and especially shadows. All those elements added to the wide range of war and the tiny dark gritty parts respectively.

I already wanna watch it for the second time tbh lol. How's that Redux btw?
        Last edited by ProBitaz.; 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Watched Searching for Sugar Man Doc again... That shit still blows me away. Amazing documentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuzz View Post
            Watched Searching for Sugar Man Doc again... That shit still blows me away. Amazing documentary.
            strange title, what is it about?

Comment

• Chasing Mavericks was great, definitely one of the better surfing movies I've seen

Comment

• Originally posted by Lil wayne prezident View Post
                strange title, what is it about?
                About a American Musician who released like 2 albums and never quite made it and killed himself. But in another South Africa he was MASSIVE, bigger than Elvis Presley but he never knew.

Really good. If your into that kind of thing.

Comment

I could defiantly see that. I still think that scene was unneeded even to accomplish what they wanted to. I mean, if they made a serial-killer movie and killed of a real person just to show that serial-killers are fucked up, that just ain't right to put on the moviescreen tbh (just throwing out a wild example of course).

And the last 30 minutes or so was focusing much more on the story and the dept of war and Vietnam (and especially the madness). And I'm not saying that it's just made for entertaining like a fucking Michael Bay movie lol, but I don't know man, I just thought it was a well-crafted scene after another. Beautiful use of light and color and especially shadows. All those elements added to the wide range of war and the tiny dark gritty parts respectively.

I already wanna watch it for the second time tbh lol. How's that Redux btw?

I think you should watch the documentary about the making of it; it adds a lot of context.

The bull was already gonna be killed by a tribe, which is completely legal. Coppola simply decided to film it. It might be gory, but it wasn't unethical, in my opinion.

The redux is okay. I'd rather just watch the original version again; there is a scene however, that spans about 40 minutes, involving a French riviera. Good scene, although it doesn't really flow well.

I'd check it out just for that scene tbh.

Comment

I think you should watch the documentary about the making of it; it adds a lot of context.

The bull was already gonna be killed by a tribe, which is completely legal. Coppola simply decided to film it. It might be gory, but it wasn't unethical, in my opinion.

The redux is okay. I'd rather just watch the original version again; there is a scene however, that spans about 40 minutes, involving a French riviera. Good scene, although it doesn't really flow well.

I'd check it out just for that scene tbh.
                    Yep I read about the bull scene and how it came to be. I still dislike it though. And I probably will watch Redux some day.

I also read a few reviews and I wasn't the only one thinking it's great direction and cinematography. Thank God, you made me think I was crazy because I praised that so much haha.

Comment

Yep I read about the bull scene and how it came to be. I still dislike it though. And I probably will watch Redux some day.

I also read a few reviews and I wasn't the only one thinking it's great direction and cinematography. Thank God, you made me think I was crazy because I praised that so much haha.
                      Of course not; many critics have called it the best film of all-time.

I prefer the first Godfather to Apocalypse (not the second, though). But Apocalypse is about just as good. And it is indeed the best American war movie I've seen.

I thought you'd hate it. :L

Comment

Of course not; many critics have called it the best film of all-time.

I prefer the first Godfather to Apocalypse (not the second, though). But Apocalypse is about just as good. And it is indeed the best American war movie I've seen.

I thought you'd hate it. :L
                        Godfather is also the best out of those imo.

Why'd you think that? lol

Comment

Godfather is also the best out of those imo.

Why'd you think that? lol
                          I dunno. You said a number of films I suggested (Taxi Driver; Raging Bull, I believe) were slow. And if so, I thought Apocalypse would fall in with those films. :L

Comment

Working...
                          X