Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juno is like the best comedy since the seventies.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
      Juno is like the best comedy since the seventies.

Nah bruh, you serious? It's a good movie, but best comedy since the seventies?............

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Originally posted by Hollyhood View Post
      I'd say Scarface.
      I've tried to see classic movies as soon as I can cause ofc if you love movies you have to and you want to. And one of the classics I still haven't watched is Scarface.
      I got it recorded at home, looks like this is gonna be the next film I'm gonna watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
        I've tried to see classic movies as soon as I can cause ofc if you love movies you have to and you want to. And one of the classics I still haven't watched is Scarface.
        I got it recorded at home, looks like this is gonna be the next film I'm gonna watch.
        The thing with those let's say 'classic movies' is that you hear everybody talk about them like crazy, so your expectations are usually so high that you may end up disappointed...movies like Taxy Driver or Apocalypse Now were semi-let downs to me, I mean they're good (especially AN) but I def wouldn't include them in my Top10. Scarface is I think the only goldie classic (amongst the ones I've seen) that truly, deeply moved me, can't even properly explain why lol...it's just a matter of personal tastes at the end of the day I guess

On another note: lol home-recording? Really? I suggest you watch in on BD since you're into that

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollyhood View Post
          The thing with those let's say 'classic movies' is that you hear everybody talk about them like crazy, so your expectations are usually so high that you may end up disappointed...movies like Taxy Driver or Apocalypse Now were semi-let downs to me, I mean they're good (especially AN) but I def wouldn't include them in my Top10. Scarface is I think the only goldie classic (amongst the ones I've seen) that truly, deeply moved me, can't even properly explain why lol...it's just a matter of personal tastes at the end of the day I guess

On another note: lol home-recording? Really? I suggest you watch in on BD since you're into that
          Then I would have to buy it though, and don't feel like doing so when I can watch it for free. But if I end up loving it I'll buy it on BD.

And I agree with your opinion on such movies. Taxi Driver was a huge let-down for me. And Pulp Fiction wasn't amazing or perfect...

I try to keep my expectations low when I watch these kind of movies but it's hard lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ABjerg View Post
            Nah bruh, you serious? It's a good movie, but best comedy since the seventies?............

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Juno point: name a smarter or funnier comedy in between.

Scarface point: far from a classic, in anybody's eyes. Unless you're talking about the original, that it.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Originally posted by Hollyhood View Post

For your Taxi Driver/Apocalypse Now point...it all depends on what you're looking for. I'm the minority here, but those two entertain me as well as make me think, but the main purposes of them, at least over the years, is to raise issues. If you didn't watch the film looking for that, of course you'll be disappointed.

The two are perfection, though.

Comment

Scarface point: far from a classic, in anybody's eyes. Unless you're talking about the original, that it.
              It is a classic, meaning that is widely well known and has gathered a large following over the years, not to mention that Pacino's performance will go down in cinematic history (in fact, it already did). The word 'classic' (or 'cult') has nothing to do with opinions..whenever you think it's overrated, that's just your personal taste (I didn't like Pulp Fiction but I would call it a classic nonetheless)

And of course i'm talking about the 1983 version, ain't nobody giving a damn bout the other one

Originally posted by WeezYIsCraaazY View Post
              If you didn't watch the film looking for that, of course you'll be disappointed.
              Thinking and reflecting on issues is about the only reason I watch movies

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollyhood View Post
                It is a classic, meaning that is widely well known and has gathered a large following over the years, not to mention that Pacino's performance will go down in cinematic history (in fact, it already did). The word 'classic' (or 'cult') has nothing to do with opinions..whenever you think it's overrated, that's just your personal taste (I didn't like Pulp Fiction but I would call it a classic nonetheless)

And of course i'm talking about the 1983 version, ain't nobody giving a damn bout the other one

Thinking and reflecting on issues is about the only reason I watch movies
                the 1983 version is a loose remake tho. original is from the 30s I thin

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

• Sinister was "ok", didn't really shock me like that....besides the one scene with the lawnmower holy fuck

horror movies where kids are supposed to be scary <<<<<<<<<<<<
                  THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                    Sinister was "ok", didn't really shock me like that....besides the one scene with the lawnmower holy fuck

horror movies where kids are supposed to be scary <<<<<<<<<<<<

the kids in that movie were hella annoying but other than that it was definitely the best horror movie of this year. I don't get why everyone thinks the lawnmower scene is the scariest. It was dope but it was the weakest imo.

FUCK WiT DUNSTON, iMMA PUT MY FOOT iN YO ASS

Comment

• Originally posted by JODY HiGHROLLER View Post
                      the kids in that movie were hella annoying but other than that it was definitely the best horror movie of this year. I don't get why everyone thinks the lawnmower scene is the scariest. It was dope but it was the weakest imo.
                      everyone?

was just the most disturbing moment imo
                      THIS AIN'T NOTHING TO RELATE TO.

last.fm || twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by IceMan View Post
                        Gonna watch Sinister (2012) - IMDb later...hope it's not some generic crap

"from the producer of paranomal acitivty & insidious" already turned me off though lol, both are fucking shit
                        i liked paranormal activity

Comment

Juno point: name a smarter or funnier comedy in between.

Scarface is a classic in a lot of ppl's eyes, but then again, now we are at the "classic" movie problem again...

Name a funnier comedy than Juno in between? that is ofc an opinion-question, but I don't even wanna answer tbh... To stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                          X